DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/support/manuals/manual_blackair.pdf

have 2 black air II subs 12" and i wanted to play around with a few diffrent box designs before i built them.. downloaded the software and cant seem to get all the info correct for the program:whatever::whatever:

if it matters car is a e36 coupe.. i am into rock, metal, and hard house so was wondering shud i stay sealed.. or brave ported..

if i got some decent plans on your recomedentations it would be a step in the right direction.. please

i am going to use a mtx 81001 to power them
love hard hitting bass but at the same time a little bit on low side is nice

i hope i put this in the right secton

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sooooooooooooooooooooo you want help with WinISD? or you want spoonfeeding?
i have no promlem with doing the physical work but.. trying to figure that out is wrecking my head.. i read on other forums its not the best for box design.. but i would love a few pointers in the basics of it sure.. but the more i read in these audio forums the more confused i get!

all i want is the best sound using the equipment i have, like was confused before then i heard about clamshell and 6order boxes and now i am lost!

·
Registered
99 Posts
WinIsd is a pain to work, i remember using it a while ago and it not working out soo well for me..
Ill see if I can dig up the tutorial I used. There are some guides over at the12volt.com

·
Registered
48 Posts
WinISD is VERY EASY to use. Read the Help Files.

Hornresp on the other hand has taken me much much more time to understand than WinISD.

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
I would go with the recommended 2.0 cubic feet sealed[ per link you have shown above ].

Personally, I would wire them in series for a higher resistance and get an amp that will make more power ;)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I have had very good results with WinISD pro alpha. It is a pain to enter new driver data as you absolutely must enter it the way they want in order. It of course does not give you response that you will see in a car, but it does give you an idea of how different box configs plot in open air.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would go with the recommended 2.0 cubic feet sealed[ per link you have shown above ].

Personally, I would wire them in series for a higher resistance and get an amp that will make more power ;)
do you mean i shud wire them to 2ohm?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
What is the Xmax of these woofs? Also what are your space limitations?

And what kind of car is an E35?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is the Xmax of these woofs? Also what are your space limitations?

And what kind of car is an E35?
i cant seem to find the xmax in the specs

e36 is a bmw coupe 1993 space boot is available, will post exact measurements tomorrow (shud have done that i guess i am a noob to this but trying to get my head into it) i would like to retain access to the spare as the roads over in ireland would not exactly be the worlds best

there was a hybrid audio build just finished on a e36 m3 here last week and a savage job he did( i know mine will be no where near that level but we all have to start somewhere)

off topic but pic of my car for anyone who has done builds in them there replies may have done builds in them.. it all helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts