DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
18,605 Posts
anyone else think techflex is pointless and looks stupid as well? i dont know, i might be on my own here.
In all honesty, yes, but it depends on the install. If you have an area where you are trying to showcase wire leads, I always think it looks "clean" when the wires come out of loom and separate from there.

But, the more I think about it, the more I realize that buying all this stuff really is unnecessary since it's all hidden by a false floor anyway.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
yeah but i think it's a whole lot more expensive. for regular wires, it's worth it to just deal with the cheaper type. btw, $5 woodburner from walmart works great for cutting it. ;)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
$5 woodburner from walmart works great for cutting it. ;)
Got a link? I only see woodburner books when I search for it on the walmart site. I have some techflex for my home audio cables.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
You must've seen that thread. :cool:
lol, no. i was in my garage, and i didn't want to gum up my soldering iron. i knew i had one lying around, so i used it.

Got a link? I only see woodburner books when I search for it on the walmart site. I have some techflex for my home audio cables.
no, but just check the crafts section. they're always there.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'll add this. The velcro stuff seems to have a big buckle that would get in the way if the amount of wire isn't big enough.

The plastic stuff would seem to work on paper, but if you run them on the bottom of the car floor (which is irregular) instead of the side (which is usually flat) they don't stick well because they don't have an entirely flat surface to attach to. They are pretty sticky, but they need all of that sticky pad to stick well.

Not sure what I would do in the next car. Probably not IASCA rules since who knows how many more shows there will be. Probably something inspired by a hot rod or something like that. Just solid.

Juan

21 - 30 of 30 Posts