DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Trinity/Ebony combo from H Audio, while waiting for them, thought I'd tacke the amplifier end of things.

I currently own three Boston Acoustic GT-22 amps (75 x 2 @ 4 ohms).

Would you:

1. Run one amp stereo to the 3" wide-band spkrs and one to the mb's (leaving on amp for future subs), or
2. Bridge one amp to each 3" and run the mb's off the third in stereo, or
3. Flip #2 around and bridge one amp to each mb and run the 3" stereo
4. Buy a forth GT22 and bridge an amp for each driver?

Signal will either be split up by my HU (eclipse cd8443) or an Audiocontrol 6xs.

I like the way the Bostons sounded when I bought them a few years ago... plus I already own them so my $$ investment is already there.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Stereo to the 3's, and stereo to the mb would be the easiest set up for ya. The mb's might be a little under powered, but that depends on your listening habits.
Bridging one to each of your mb would give you more power, but you'd need to level match your mb amps to each other better.
The mb's will def have more of a power requirement than the 3'' fullrange speakers.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I may be having a bad day, and taking your reply wrong, if so I'm sorry. But...

Isn't that a bit dismissing? Anyone else? I'll give you I don't have experience with the ebony/trinity, but the logic still remains.
A midbass will required the most power in a 3-way... The mid will need more than a tweet.. doesn't matter what brand used. As long as your amp produces rms power within the useable rms range of the given speaker, you'll be fine. Granted, the midbass will perform better on the higher side of that range... Beings the frequencies played require more power.
A little headroom is also nice for dynamics, and to not clip your amplifier as well.

All that being said, this is the second of your threads I've attempted to help....help being the operative word here. Both threads of similar nature. And if the advice I gave was not appropriate, or incorrect, someone would have quickly set me straight...

But it seams you want to be told what you want to hear, and Not entertain differing views or options.... So be it.
I pride myself on being patient, polite, and helpful. But a poor attitude will quickly test me...

Best of luck with your questions, and your install. Hopefully somebody will chime in and tell you what you want to hear.

Again, if I'm just blowing up over nothing, my apologise.... If not, be more appreciative of people that try to extend a welcome and helping advice.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jcollin76 - not quite sure where you're coming from... I was simply looking for some input from someone who owns that speaker pair. Dismissing? That was not my intention.

I don't think it's out of line to ask advise from those who own those speakers however.

Fr example, if someone owned that pair and ran a 50 watt amp to the trinity pair and thought it was more than enough, I'd like to hear that. On the flipside if someone was running 150 a side and found that it sounded ok at 80 but ramping up the power to 150 really opened them up, etc.

I'm certainly not looking for "what I want to hear". The whole point of the question is the I don't know -- and that's why I'm asking.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Fair enough. I'm sorry for reading something into it, that wasn't there.

I work in a hostile environment, and it tends to make me think the worst and engage it. Lol

But this isn't work.. and you didn't deserve my outburst. My apologies sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts