DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is basically new to me, soooo i was wondering how i would wire up a relay, what it would take to do 3+ 12V components and such, and how everything would work together and such.

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry i'm such a noob :)

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do i really need to do a relay? I will be running 2 amps as well as a active crossover off of the remote wire from my HU.....does that call for a relay to get the remote wiring done?

·
Registered
120 Posts
demon2091tb said:
So do i really need to do a relay? I will be running 2 amps as well as a active crossover off of the remote wire from my HU.....does that call for a relay to get the remote wiring done?
its not completely necessary but I probably would (i like overkill) plus it allows for future expansion.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
demon2091tb said:
NO you dont need one...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would say go for it, even though you may not NEED it. The nice thing about a relay is if you run decently thick wire back for the switched power (14-18 awg) then you can run other stuff off of it too, such as small 12v cooling fans, leds and other small devices.

I've got one wired up right now and it's great.

·
Registered
120 Posts
87DXHatch said:
I would say go for it, even though you may not NEED it. The nice thing about a relay is if you run decently thick wire back for the switched power (14-18 awg) then you can run other stuff off of it too, such as small 12v cooling fans, leds and other small devices.

I've got one wired up right now and it's great.
you can just run the relay's constant +12v right off of your amps power wire. no need to run a new wire to the battery. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.