DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and looking for a little advice.

I have a 2020 Accord touring and wanting to add after market speakers & amp.
I picked up this..

Now the problem is how do I wire the speakers?
Is this the correct process? The wires come out the crossover connect to the speaker wires on the DSP then run wires from there to my amp? Same with the coaxials?

My last install was in a 2013 accord where I just ran the speaker wires to the amp along with a 5 channel all balanced Differential harness. Was just plug & play but this has me scratching my head.

Thanks in advanced!

· Registered
401 Posts
The basic signal flow: you would use the RCA outputs from the DSP to your amp(s), the speaker outputs from the amp would go to the speaker leads on the harness. In order to get the full use out of the DSP, you would either need to ditch the rears, or you would need another pair of amplified channels to run the rears.
With the gear you currently have, you would run front L/R RCA to 2 of the channels on your amp. The amplifier output would be the input to the supplied crossovers for the JL components. The mid and tweeter crossover outputs would then connect to the harness speaker leads for "front woofer" and "front tweeter".
The rear RCA would go to the other 2 input channels on the amp. The rear speaker outputs from the amp would go to the "rear woofer" speaker leads on the harness.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The basic signal flow: you would use the RCA outputs from the DSP to your amp(s), the speaker outputs from the amp would go to the speaker leads on the harness. In order to get the full use out of the DSP, you would either need to ditch the rears, or you would need another pair of amplified channels to run the rears.
With the gear you currently have, you would run front L/R RCA to 2 of the channels on your amp. The amplifier output would be the input to the supplied crossovers for the JL components. The mid and tweeter crossover outputs would then connect to the harness speaker leads for "front woofer" and "front tweeter".
The rear RCA would go to the other 2 input channels on the amp. The rear speaker outputs from the amp would go to the "rear woofer" speaker leads on the harness.
I think I'm following you correctly. I'll be doing the install next weekend as it's been raining here off & on.

· Registered
401 Posts
Typically, with a DSP, you would want to utilize the crossover and timing capabilities for each driver in the system. This would require an amplifier channel for each driver. You can still use the time delay in the DSP, but it will be for the L/R pairs up front (mid and tweet), not for the individual driver. Could still sound pretty good though.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Typically, with a DSP, you would want to utilize the crossover and timing capabilities for each driver in the system. This would require an amplifier channel for each driver. You can still use the time delay in the DSP, but it will be for the L/R pairs up front (mid and tweet), not for the individual driver. Could still sound pretty good though.
I seen a few people on sites with the ten channel systems use a L7s. This particular DSP is a better option being that I don't have to tap the factory wires?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So how would I hook up my rear coaxials, will i need to get a 6ch amp instead?

· Registered
401 Posts
If you're tuning by ear, then you're not getting the most out of the DSP, but the above configuration should get you loud and clear.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Carloscda86 said:
So how would I hook up my rear coaxials, will i need to get a 6ch amp instead?
maybebigfootisblurr said:
So how would the rear speakers get sound if they're not connected to anything?
Did I mention I was running new speaker wires?

· Registered
562 Posts
I’d follow the directions outlined by maybebijfootisblurr. Run your RCA cables from the dsp to your amp and subwoofer. The easiest option would be run wires from the 4 channel amp to the wire harness at the DSP. Connect the front speaker wires from the amp to the passive crossover for the components, then to the factory midrange and tweeter wires. The rears connect directly to the rear woofer wires. If you’re running new wires into the doors you may run into a molex connector that will make it harder to get your wires into the doors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.