DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems with a JL MHD900/5 amp going into protect mode on the sub channel. Using 4 100w channels to run my 4 tower speakers and the 5th 500w channel for 2 JL M3-10IB 250w amps. Been reading up on the issue and suspect I need to send it in for repair (if I can find the bill of sale). Thinking of connecting the subs to a rockford T10001bd I have laying around to get me through the rest of the season. That amp has 2 +/- speaker connections on it so I can plug each of the subs into their respective channels with no issues?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Having problems with a JL MHD900/5 amp going into protect mode on the sub channel. Using 4 100w channels to run my 4 tower speakers and the 5th 500w channel for 2 JL M3-10IB 250w amps. Been reading up on the issue and suspect I need to send it in for repair (if I can find the bill of sale). Thinking of connecting the subs to a rockford T10001bd I have laying around to get me through the rest of the season. That amp has 2 +/- speaker connections on it so I can plug each of the subs into their respective channels with no issues?
The outputs connections: A + and - are in parallel with B + and - so if you connect each Sub direct to it's own outputs then you are connecting them in parallel so if they are both 4 Ohm subs that will present a 2 Ohm load. The amp is stable to 1 Ohm so as long as your subs are not 1 Ohm subs you're fine.

Reactions: jgrass
1 - 2 of 2 Posts