DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

Notice none of these show mixing subwoofer impedance as the subs won’t get even power.

But to more specifically answer your question, if you were to wire the subs in PARALLEL, you’d get a 1.33 ohm impedance, which will destroy your amp.

If you wire both subs in series, the impedance goes up to 6 ohms and won’t get as much power from your amp. So this means your amp won’t be near putting out rated power.

As everyone is telling you, keep the 2 ohm sub on the amp so you’ll get maximum rated power from your amp. By the way, I couldn’t tell from your contradictory posts, which was actually the 2 ohm sub.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Correct on the first part, but the 2-ohm sub will get 2/3rd of the power, so what is the point of running the 4-ohm sub? Just sell it and use q sub, or get another 2-ohm, or another 4-ohm.

Having 2x 2-ohms in series to make 4-ohm could then be wired in parallel with the single four ohm. But again why?

People almost never do this because it makes little sense to.
W what I'm saying is I have two 10-inch subs on a 1 ohm class d amplifier I'm asking can I add a third 10-inch subwoofer to the amp making it 3 woofer instead of two which would break the amp down to a one on load and it would push all three if I'm correct all I'm asking is am I correct

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
How many amperes do 10" draw?

Are they all 1,2 or 4 ohms?

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
If they're all 4-ohm, then dgage answered it in post #81 as 1.33 ohms. But his series # should have been 12 ohms (not 6).??

But back on post 9 and10 you had 2 and 4 ohm mixtures of gear and 10 and 12" mixures, like you when tomevery fence in town.

I am starting to think you are a troll, and the alternatives are even worse.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
If they're all 4-ohm, then dgage answered it in post #81 as 1.33 ohms. But his series # should have been 12 ohms (not 6).??

But back on post 9 and10 you had 2 and 4 ohm mixtures of gear and 10 and 12" mixures, like you when tomevery fence in town.

I am starting to think you are a troll, and the alternatives are even worse.
Troll my ass ,dude you're input is lame ass hell you give me no answers on anything and no we're not talking about the 10 and the 12 anymore if you had read my post you would have seen that I have told you like 10 times I HAVE 2- 10,S and o was wanting to know if I could add another 10 to the amp ,but I know the answer now so nevermind , cause you would have freaking never answered it anyway!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Troll my ass ,dude you're input is lame ass hell you give me no answers on anything and no we're not talking about the 10 and the 12 anymore if you had read my post you would have seen that I have told you like 10 times I HAVE 2- 10,S and o was wanting to know if I could add another 10 to the amp ,but I know the answer now so nevermind , cause you would have freaking never answered it anyway!!!!!!
It is still 1-1/3 ohms, like dgage said.
I just wanted to make sure you were not stuck on the old mismatched ohms scheme.

So I am trying to help, but i agree it seems difficult.

Hint: It would be easier if you laid out the math and then asked someone to double check it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Look at the Crutchfield links I gave you in post 81. They answer your questions with pictures and some good information as well, assuming you use subs of the same impedance, which we are all telling you to do.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts