DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all the maxfi setup i posted before im not going to do cause i wont a mid that every body knows about and the maxfi one nobody has plus its the to much money (im poor :( .
ok my needs are i wont it to sound good, i listen to mostly rock , metalmostly,
some rap (mostly icp) and the bass music when i wont to fell the music ;). they need to be loud i like my music loud. and last it needs to be cheap :D.

how bout these setups:

#1 the vifa setup:

mid- http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=4874692.12234&pid=1385

tweet- http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=4874692.12234&pid=1433

total about 160
there 4ohm so they should be loud

#2 the dayton\lpg setup:

mid- http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-360

tweet- http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=4874692.12234&pid=638

total about 115
8ohm so there not going to be as loud :(
but there cheaper:)

what do you guys think i should get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Set up #2 would be my choice. Dayton's ref are just plain sweet! I've yet to hear the LPG you choose but have only heard good things about them. I would suggest you take a look in the "review" forum and read the thread " the real deal about 8ohm drivers vs. 4ohm" According to npdang there isn't all that much of a difference in regards to 8ohms being louder than 4ohms. Good luck on your system. =]

btw. what is your native language?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
daitrong said:
btw. what is your native language?

i speak my own language :D na i speak english i was born, rased and still live in dallas, oregon, nice town :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hum im just wondering if that 8ohm is just as loud as 4ohm thing is true, has any body listen to a 4ohm speaker then switched to a speaker that was the same but just 8ohms and found them to be the same, cause i got a feeling the 4ohm would be louder :( . but some body PLEASE prove me wrong so i can buy the cheaper setup :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
banginheep said:
hum im just wondering if that 8ohm is just as loud as 4ohm thing is true, has any body listen to a 4ohm speaker then switched to a speaker that was the same but just 8ohms and found them to be the same, cause i got a feeling the 4ohm would be louder :( . but some body PLEASE prove me wrong so i can buy the cheaper setup :D
read this: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
banginheep said:
i speak my own language :D na i speak english i was born, rased and still live in dallas, oregon, nice town :)
hmmm, nvm then. I thought because of all the grammatical / spelling errors in your first post that you spoke a foreign language.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
daitrong said:
hmmm, nvm then. I thought because of all the grammatical / spelling errors in your first post that you spoke a foreign language.

lmao sorry i dident know this was english class lol any way anybody else think i should do setup #2 or should i do #1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ofmg its a forum and I spelled meet wrong because I was in a hurry along with the words I shortened. any body else wont to rag on me, or are there going to be some reply's to my question
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vibrator said:
I would do the same. Maybe step up to the 6" or 7" version though.
well i dont need the bigger speaker cause ive got dedicated midbass's in my doors, unless they sound better or something? my midbass's are bandpassed at 63/200 and the mids start at 200 and will go to probably 3-4k what ever sounds the best to me then the tweet will start at 4k.

ok guys im going with the dayton\lpg setup thanks for the help :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
banginheep said:
well i dont need the bigger speaker cause ive got dedicated midbass's in my doors, unless they sound better or something? my midbass's are bandpassed at 63/200 and the mids start at 200 and will go to probably 3-4k what ever sounds the best to me then the tweet will start at 4k.

ok guys im going with the dayton\lpg setup thanks for the help :D
oh, i thought you were going 2-way for some reason. Yeah go with the 5"ers they should work great for your application.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
Actually the Dayton RS6 seems like a better option... it can be crossed a little bit higher without problems with the break up... and easier to mount than the 5"...

Leo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
300Z said:
Actually the Dayton RS6 seems like a better option... it can be crossed a little bit higher without problems with the break up... and easier to mount than the 5"...

Leo
wait..im just wondering..

The bigger 6 inch "can be crossed a little bit higher without problems with the break up" over the smaller 5 inch woofer..?

And the bigger 6 inch is "easier to mount then the 5" inch woofer???

did you explain this correctly..?

because usually smaller drivers have higher extension and less breakup and are usually easier to mount.. I have no experience with these specific drivers, but thats usually what i find...

RS5 - http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/295-360g.pdf - peak breakup at ~12khz

RS6 - http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/295-362g.pdf - peak breakup at ~9khz
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top