DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
bought JL and Morel stuff from Woofers no problems!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've never used Woofersetc, but I have done Sonic Electronix multiple, multiple times and no problems what so ever. Returns were quick and simple, and product replacement was easy as well. With Sonic Electronix now you can even get a 3 year Squaretrade warranty even if you don't have the authorized manufacturers warranty. I just bought a JL Slash 300/2v2 today from them with that warranty. I read the details and it sounds pretty solid. :) Also picked up some Streetwires ZN9's.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Squaretrade is awesome man! Best thing ever.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Squaretrade is awesome man! Best thing ever.
What experience do you have with it? So that I can get a general sense of what to expect if it is needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive ordered from Sonic a few times and didnt have any problems either. Also if you do buy from their ebay store you can combine Bing cashback with ebates and get another 10% in cash back from your purchase.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ive ordered from Sonic a few times and didnt have any problems either. Also if you do buy from their ebay store you can combine Bing cashback with ebates and get another 10% in cash back from your purchase.
This. Very impressed with Sonic on my purchase; fast shipping, good follow through and follow up. Plus a great deal (the PPI 355cs); Bing was 7% at the time, but still a great deal without BCB.

I've not purchased from Woofersetc but they were very good about answering my questions on products when I have inquired.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sonic is great, especially if you live in California, you get your stuff in days.

Yeah. I ordered my SPZ's from Sonic and I HAD to order my IDQ from Woofersetc.

Both were really good. Now just got to make sure everything is good when it gets here :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sonic is great, especially if you live in California, you get your stuff in days.
WoofersEtc is in Los Angeles, CA - so you can also get fast shipping in CA. With all the positive feedback for each business, It looks like you can't really go wrong with either one. It's probably just a question of which one has what you want, and maybe which one is authorized.

·
Registered
14 Posts
06/25/2020

Woofersetc is asking me to pay, or purchase part of the product that should be covered under warranty. Purchased image dynamics ** speakers through Amazon, July 2019. Paid * Paid * to have them installed in Feb. 2020. They stopped working in March 2020. Emailed manufacturer, they replied that item no longer made, or covered under their warranty. It would have to be covered under woofersetc warranty, and they would contact woofersetc for help with this matter. I contacted woofersetc since they have a one year warranty. At first they asked me to pay ** to do a field destroy and they would send me a new set. Why would I pay ** since under warranty. Paid * to uninstall and * to return via UPS. Then they claimed they were damaged during shipping. I don't believe that. Now they are saying that only the crossover and the midrange of the speakers is covered under warranty and not the tweeters. Asked for explanation, didn't get a clear one, and asking me to purchase the tweeters separately. How can only part of a product be covered under warranty and not the entire thing. Their website shows they are still selling the same item. Why not send a new set? Their replies have raised a great concern that they are not an honest company. I have all emails sent from me and from them. Also the email from the manufacturer. I since have bought speakers from a local dealer because of the long waiting period from woofersetc.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts