Discussion Starter #1
Product To Be Installed Brand & Model:
Viper - 5901

xpresskit - xk01

Condition of all items:

new

Total Price: :
150-200$

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

this is it, I need a PROFESSIONAL, and i can not stress this enough. I want somebody who is compandant and experienced, the Guy i had install an old alarm botched the install and I have problems, which include but are not limited to -

flashing head light

traction control error when started remotley

alarm goes off on its own

set off panic mode on it's own

of course some of these problems are clearly from a junk unit that's going bad, but I'm replacing the old unit. the perks of this job are you keep the loot we remove, which includes the entire alarm should it prove to work.

whats going in - the XK01 unit, the alarm its self and all periferials. a tilt sensor, a sonic noise sensor, and a back up battery.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
fyi u should list what its going in

·
Registered
876 Posts
Also, flashing the headlights is probably not a good idea either because of the current requirements. Maybe flashing the parking lights would be a better idea.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Presuming that the components are not damaged or defective, those should be good parts.

Either the installer didn't know what the hell he was doing, the bypass firmware wasn't configured correctly, or both.

Without getting into specifics, it sounds as if the triggers for the aftermarket alarm signals were not properly isolated. Sometimes diodes are sufficient. Other times, relays are required instead.

Out of curiosity, do you know if the aftermarket alarm was typically being activated when the BCM went to sleep? Does the vehicle have "sleepy locks"?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The headlights aren't wired to blink that's why its a problem lol

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It.is the bcm I. He.only put diodes in one dirextion it apparently needed them in both. I still wanna replace the alarm. Idle what else he has wrong but that's the part I am aware of. The modual isn't installed I got that for this new install.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The headlights aren't wired to blink that's why its a problem lol
Does this car have illuminated entry from the factory?This could cause the headlight blinking.Reason I ask is just finished a remote start/alarm,and when remote started,the headlights illuminate for a sec or two..and I didn't tap into the headlights..no factory fob,either.
Just sayin..could be a factory/option thing...good luck!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try Best Buy. They install items that are not purchused in store. Most people don't know this. If the item is bought from them the install has a lifetime warranty, not the item itself.
Go to your local store and talk to the installer. I can't vouch for all the techs but the local BB to me and one a further distance away have very good techs. Look into it, u may be suprised.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Does this car have illuminated entry from the factory?This could cause the headlight blinking.Reason I ask is just finished a remote start/alarm,and when remote started,the headlights illuminate for a sec or two..and I didn't tap into the headlights..no factory fob,either.
Just sayin..could be a factory/option thing...good luck!

That depends. Is the starter hardwired to the lights? Is it tied into the data feed from a CAN system?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That depends. Is the starter hardwired to the lights? Is it tied into the data feed from a CAN system?
that I woudn't know. but the blinking i was talking about was while driving lol it's not often and not very long. could even be from josseling of the HID ballast, i know one of them is loose.

uhm but yeah, alarm has issues, FOB is constantly turning off on me and randomly doing things like setting off panic mode, or locking me out. it even started it's self with out me know which is a HUGE problem since my stereo doesn't turn off with the engine :mean:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Try Best Buy. They install items that are not purchused in store. Most people don't know this. If the item is bought from them the install has a lifetime warranty, not the item itself.
Go to your local store and talk to the installer. I can't vouch for all the techs but the local BB to me and one a further distance away have very good techs. Look into it, u may be suprised.
Best Buy won't install alarms not purchased from them in most cases. Especially Viper alarms. Directed used to not allow you to sell Viper without including the basic installation to avoid hackjobs giving their products a bad name.

FYI, you're planning to spend way too little money on the install for what you're looking for. Quality costs money, and your desired range doesn't cut it.

You're best off just sending the stuff you have back, and letting a BBY sell you what you need and just pay their pricing. Stop trying to cheap out on it, and you won't have issues. Honestly, if you hadn't tried to cheap out on it in the first place, you wouldn't be trying to get it installed a second time.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best Buy won't install alarms not purchased from them in most cases. Especially Viper alarms. Directed used to not allow you to sell Viper without including the basic installation to avoid hackjobs giving their products a bad name.

FYI, you're planning to spend way too little money on the install for what you're looking for. Quality costs money, and your desired range doesn't cut it.

You're best off just sending the stuff you have back, and letting a BBY sell you what you need and just pay their pricing. Stop trying to cheap out on it, and you won't have issues. Honestly, if you hadn't tried to cheap out on it in the first place, you wouldn't be trying to get it installed a second time.
I had it installed the way i did becuase nobody wanted to install the alarm i was interested in, but very clearly I picked a bad alarm and theirs a reason nobody wanted to touch it. but I did pick a good alarm this time, or so I believe. i mean it's all DFI, so idk what went wrong with this autopage unit, clearly poor quality control i think.

I do appriciate the bias opinion but I have the alarm, i ahve the bypass kit, I'd just like to have somebody do it with what I have. I think i might be giving up 12voltdaves a call soon to see if he can do it for me. they quoted me 200-250 to get it fixed last year, i cant imagine they'd charge much more for a swap out, their fix was to pretty much reinstall it anyways. and if somebody who claimed to do 200 + installs coudlnt handle it, I woudln't in any day or even dream let a best buy "technition" touch my car. never again. ive seen what those places do and am well aware of their directives and they'd never do what I'd expect.

i'm not sure if this bypass makes the job easier or harder or even is helpful? I mean i could just sell it, get my self 40$ back.

and the reason i didn't go to the shop right away is because of my scedule. im a very busy man :p I work full time and go to school full time. so yeah, very very busy :(

·
Registered
125 Posts
High End Stereo in Philadelphia will install it. Ask for Anthony.

Tell him Anthony sent you.

Quality work I PROMISE!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
03'Silverado ,older Viper 790XV,idatalink bypass module..everything was soldered and taped..everything works great.Come to find out,there were "options" available on that truck from the factory for stuff like doors locking,unlocking,with ignition,drl lights,headlight delay,etc..had to turn the doorlock options off,and let the Viper take care of those options..which lead me to believe that truck had a factory remote fob at one time,and possibly illuminated entry as well.

Sorry to get off topic here,but yeah,I know ya on a budget,like most of us are here...however...don't cheap out on your alarm install..never a good idea,bite the bullet and get it done right if you can't DIY .

·
Registered
425 Posts
Did you tried to contact Don? He's in Edison, NJ.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
76 Posts
The installers at the place I used to work at hated the sonic/sound sensor, said they were hard to adjust and did not perform well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.