DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on getting my first system built. I'm going to have a 3 way front stage and a sub in the back. So far I have bought a SA-12 sub, a pair of L3 mid range and some Hertz ML 165's. When I get my next pay check I'm gonna buy a pair of Scan Speak R3004/6020 tweeter, maybe something else If I can find a good deal on here. Since I don't have the time or skill to fiber glass some kicks I will be ordering some Q-form kicks. I can get the kicks for $99 which I'm sure is a lot cheaper than it would cost to get some custom made. The kicks will hold up to a 5 1/4in speaker as well as a 2in tweeter, so I will throw the L3's in there and the Scan Speaks. I might get a different set of tweeters if you guys want to throw out some suggestions. The Hertz will go in the doors in stock location and I will deaden them. That's all the gear I have or will soon have so far.

For amps I had originally planned on the Leviathan II but the ratings on the website don't seam to great. Now I'm looking at possibly getting a Zuki Eleets six channel to power my front stage and an Alpine PDX M6 for the sub.
Was also considering buying a couple PDX F4's or F6's to power my front stage but haven't seen too much love for them on diyma. I have read they are much better than the first generation. The F6's would be a little overboard as far as power goes but would give me plenty of head room and the specs look a little better. I figure I'd also have the power down the road if I ever needed it. Two F4's seam like they would give me about the perfect amount of power 120 watts roughly to each of the tweets and mids and 250 to each ML 165. I can also get the pair of F4's authorized cheaper than anything else. I'm pretty set on the M6 because they seam to be a good bang for your buck and if I get it I'd like to be able to get the other PDX's so they all would match. If I get the Zuki I will mount it on top of my sub box and hide the sub amp. I'm just not so sure that the Zuki would be up to the task to power the Hertz. Given that they are decently sensitive at 92db's and other speakers in the set up are rated at 85 and 87db's I think it would be a nice set up. I'm just not sure how much power I truly need for them Hertz, I always see people on hear running 200-300rms to there mid bass speakers. Will the Zuki power the front stage nicely? Also is the Eleets worth the price compared to the scratch and dents? If anyone has tried the new Leviathan I'd aprecitate your input on it. Thanks in advance.
PS... I'm going to get a MS-8 to tune it all. Might also consider the H800 after Bikinipunks review or the new 360 when it comes out. Will most likely pick up a MS-8 because it already has a solid reputation and can be had for cheaper than any of the others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How about a KS900.6? Think I could find a nice used one from $400-500. Any one know what the FR for the sub channels would be or if they can run full?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts