DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how low my voltage drops, but i currently have about 900 rms watts. Amps: JL audio 300/2 and a Rockford Fosgate 500M, I was thinking of getting this SHURiKEN- SK-BT60 battery: SHURiKEN SK-BT60 (SKBT60) 1500 Amp 12V Car Battery Power Cell and place it on thr trunk. I currently have a Optima red top under hood with big 3 upgrade and kicker 1/0 running to the rear to a dist. block that splits to the amps with 4 gauge. Alternator is a 140a (AD244) would this additional be enough to keep my voltage at 14v or...? feedback would be great.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will probably be upgrading amps which will result to a total of 1,600 rms. which will be 100a (fuse rating) from the sub amp and 60a (fuse rating) from the front stage amp.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have Shuriken batteries and they appear to work well. Ever looked into a HO alternator?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Shuriken batteries and they appear to work well. Ever looked into a HO alternator?

I've heard great things of this brand of battery. I haven't looked into a HO alt. since I replaced my alternator a few months ago when it had took a crap. I actually "upgraded" because the stock one came with a 100A alt and i heard that a alt. from a full size GM would fit my blazer so i went ahead and did that. I was hopeing that this extra battery would help maintain a 14v voltage since i've heard ppl say that their vehicles do fine with a stock alt and extra battery in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Don't add a battery unless you're looking for extra runtime with the car off. Upgrade your alternator if you're having power issues.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've heard great things of this brand of battery. I haven't looked into a HO alt. since I replaced my alternator a few months ago when it had took a crap. I actually "upgraded" because the stock one came with a 100A alt and i heard that a alt. from a full size GM would fit my blazer so i went ahead and did that. I was hopeing that this extra battery would help maintain a 14v voltage since i've heard ppl say that their vehicles do fine with a stock alt and extra battery in the trunk.
I would not worry about voltage if it stays 12.8+ to 14+. In my minivan I am looking for more amperage and not higher voltage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts