DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a chance to get a ton of black foil to replace our silver aluminum foil on Damplifier and Damplifier Pro.
Anyone here have any thoughts?

ANT

·
142 fastest gun in town
483 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If any of it can be seen in someones set up I can see an advantage to black. And I can see an advantage of actually looking different than the other guys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes! I don't know about everyone else, but my deadener experience is usually get really excited, rip out my interior, start going at it, and then about halfway through my first layer a football game comes on... or one of my kids has a bloody ___insert random body appendage here___ or some friend comes over to show off his latest purchase of whatever.

And then the next day, I wake up, go at it again... and then 10:30 a.m. hits and I get distracted again. And I end up driving an entire week with a gutted car, in SoCal sun, getting a farmers tan as I am baked over my entire body.

So black foil would not only look cool, but it actually would serve some practical purpose as well. Although, microwave popcorn sales may suffer slightly as a result.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree w/SDsport92064. Why the frig IS dampener silver anyway? Most of us have darker colored cars. We're reflecting sound waves, not light. Say for instance someone has a black trunk that needs serious sound reduction (or added mass, whatever) and gets a little overzealous with the deadener? It would blend much better in black that "ow my eyes hurt" silver. Silver is a lot harder to explain to people too.

"Why is the inside of your trunk silver"?

"...sigh.....Well....."

You get the rest.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just from a marketing standpoint it would make the SS product stand out in the crowd.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes the black would be great as for several of the above listed reasons. I have held off on buying some just for the fact that I know some would be seen in my wife's car, but black would blend in.

P

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I think that'd look pretty cool.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It would be super cool !
I have already deaden my trunk and my front doors, so I will not need any more Damplifier
And I still got some sheets left, so enjoy it!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wish it would have been an option when I bought mine.....

I still need to go up into my firewall some where my carpet doesn't cover. This would be good for that.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Black = great idea. Giving me a roll to *test out* = better idea!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts