DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am one of the lucky ones that got in on the pre-sale for the H-Audio AR DUO and I am patiently waiting to try them. So I have a question and it is pretty straight forward.

Would you use Tweeters with H-Audio AR DUO, even though they are a wide band set designed not to if you so choose?

Or

If you would use a Tweeter, what Tweeter would you use to match up to them.

I am assuming you are running all speakers active.

Just Curious to everyone's thought I could be a crackpot, but Still leery as I have never went Tweeterless LOL!:eek:

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,385 Posts
No, that is the whole point of the wide band 3". Before you go spending more money get the AR's in the car and try them out. IF you feel you need a tweeter then go ahead but I would wait, you will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
If accurate aiming isn't possible and/or you want to build a 2-seater install (an install that sounds great on the passenger seat too), I would definately add a pair of small tweeters to the mix.

We are planning 2 installs, both with fullrangers as mids, but in both installs we'll use Dayton Audio ND20 tweeters, just to make sure we won't have any trouble making the install sound good on both seats (because of the beaming of the fullrangers).
If you mount the tweeters very close to the fullrangers, you can cross very high and shallow, so you will still have the "fullranger-sound".

Isabelle

·
Registered
164 Posts
i'm not planning on it when i get mine in. thats one of the selling points for me picking these speakers up. if i felt the need and didn't have any tweeters to use on hand i would pick up some cheap tweeters designed to be crossed over pretty high.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,953 Posts
Wow I missed this Thread.

Ok I must say on thing as many seem to want to judge the AR3K, XR3M and BeM3 (Speical order only) by what they have heard from other wide-bands. The XR3M, AR3K and BeM3 are a new breed of Ultra wide-band transducers. They perform great off axis and honest I don't see anyone needing a tweeter with them, even mount off-axis up about 40 degrees and even in some install up to 90 degrees, just look at Finebar's install.

Honestly just wait sir, then you guys are going to understand the amazing deal you got on the AR Duo. If then if you feel you need a tweeter, I can almost 100% say it will only be used from about 12-14khz and up. I just don't think you will.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow I missed this Thread.

Ok I must say on thing as many seem to want to judge the AR3K, XR3M and BeM3 (Speical order only) by what they have heard from other wide-bands. The XR3M, AR3K and BeM3 are a new breed of Ultra wide-band transducers. They perform great off axis and honest I don't see anyone needing a tweeter with them, even mount off-axis up about 40 degrees and even in some install up to 90 degrees, just look at Finebar's install.

Honestly just wait sir, then you guys are going to understand the amazing deal you got on the AR Duo. If then if you feel you need a tweeter, I can almost 100% say it will only be used from about 12-14khz and up. I just don't think you will.
So you carry the BeM3 now? Also, what if you already have a spot for the tweeter :)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I am waiting for someone to build a "crossfire"(Opposite side aimed at the oposite listener) install with the drivers. Would like to see how that works out at both seats with these drivers.

Still, I think the O.P. need to mount the drivers in a temp install in his own vehicle using his own ears to really know what's up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just finished install of the AR Duo in my friend's car.Mid Range is good and Definition of detail is remarkable and extremely extended or should i say "airy". After listening for nearly 3hrs my personal view would be

"NO TWEETERS NEEDED" :D

Sorry Guys I am not good in doing reviews but my friend and I are VERY VERY SATISFIED.I have enclosed the install picture

Attachments

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,385 Posts
Just finished install of the AR Duo in my friend's car.Mid Range is good and Definition of detail is remarkable and extremely extended or should i say "airy". After listening for nearly 3hrs my personal view would be

Sorry Guys I am not good in doing reviews but my friend and I are VERY VERY SATISFIED.I have enclosed the install picture
Need more pics please :D

·
Registered
4,291 Posts

where's the steering wheel:p

:)really nice job on the pillars..more pix plz

·
Registered
564 Posts
I wouldn't bother, unless your system is capable of frequency response above 20 kHz. Like H-Audio Inc. said, you'd only use them above 12-14 kHz, and if you add a driver, you probably want it to cover at least 1 full octave (ie, a doubling of frequency).

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You don't "need" to- and I would suggest trying first. Depending on the install and angle, you may consider a real inexpensive DIY neo tweeter in line with a cap to give the top end "airyness" if the drivers don't suffice on their own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts