DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll keep this real simple.

I'm very, thoroughly impressed with the Dayton RS28A tweeter. I don't think I can ask for a better tweeter.

I wasn't all too impressed before because I hooked it up with a crossover that was crossed at 4khz. I recently hooked it up to a crossover, 2.5khz 12db/oct, sounds 10x better. I can't wait to hook it up to a 1.8khz 24db/oct crossover.

Again, Excellent tweeter!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wait till you try the lower crossover point... ;) i got mine crossed at 1.5khz 12db/oct...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
300Z said:
Wait till you try the lower crossover point... ;) i got mine crossed at 1.5khz 12db/oct...
Wow, is that safe? Cause I also have an electronic crossover that lets me cross anywhere at 18db/oct. You haven't had any problems? I'd be scared of destroying them.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
never had any problems... works great... :)

With the amout of power that my tweeters actually see, my crossover point and slope isnt really a concern at all...

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Will these make a good pairing choice with the Seas CA18s or better with the Dayton RS 180s?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never heard the Seas but they pair up nicely with the Dayton Refs.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far:

Oz Matrix, CDT TW-25, LPG FS-25, Crystal CSC, NEXT ALS, probably more that I can't think of at the moment.

My favorite thus far is actually the Dayton RS28A. Funny thing is, it's my gf's favorite also. I switched it back and forth with the LPGs and she picked the Daytons.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hyeah, tell me abou it.

Luckily though, my door panels come with 1" tweeter and 3" mid stock. The Daytons are going to fill the 3" slot.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
300Z said:
I stil have no idea how you get away with that. I thought my ears were going to explode with them crossed over that low on percussion. They were much more bearable HPed @+2kHz.

Where are yours mounted for listening sephiroth619?

You say they'll take the 3" spot, but where are they now?

-aaron

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Currently have them running freeair for demo'ing purposes in my room. The battery in my car is dead, once that gets replaced, twill go in the doors.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
ArcL100 said:
I stil have no idea how you get away with that. I thought my ears were going to explode with them crossed over that low on percussion. They were much more bearable HPed @+2kHz.
You can ask Raul or BobG over at ECA what they think of my car... they both have heard it... last time BobG heard my car i had a problem with the midbass highpass crossover which was set way too high, limiting the midbass output and ext... but that of course is fixed...

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have to agree with the above statement that this is the best sounding tweet I have ever heard as well. I have them crossed somewhere around 2.0kHz at 12 dB slope. They are on the dash firing upwards towards the windshield. They mate very well with my Seas Lotus in my doors.

·
Registered
374 Posts
sephiroth619 said:
Currently have them running freeair for demo'ing purposes in my room. The battery in my car is dead, once that gets replaced, twill go in the doors.
Can you measure the tweet for me? I need to know how long it is across the face of the tweet with the flange, how deep it is, and how long it is across the "bottom" of the magnet is.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
374 Posts
WeDgE said:
I've looked at that before but it doesn't label what is what. I'm guessing A is the length across the top face, B the length across the bottom of the magnet, and C the depth? That's why I ask because it's unclear to me. They don't have the diagram for me to figure out. heh I'm trying to see if they'll fit in the pods I made for my Phass tweets.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
|Tch0rT| said:
I've looked at that before but it doesn't label what is what. I'm guessing A is the length across the top face, B the length across the bottom of the magnet, and C the depth? That's why I ask because it's unclear to me. They don't have the diagram for me to figure out. heh I'm trying to see if they'll fit in the pods I made for my Phass tweets.

Ryan

Sorry, I just figured it would be obvious... :(

Seph's diagram will definitely help you out. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts