DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need a few 1/0awg ring terminals to hook up a cap (under the hood, as a noise filter)

I need something with a 3/16"-1/4" hole, but not a HUGE ring... the only thing I can source local has a HUGE ring to it.. like almost 1" in diameter, with a 1/4" hole (WTH)

I only need 2 of these things, which is why I'm not trying to Ebay or Darvex them...

Anyone?

(The real ***** is I have a set of Stinger HPM ring terminals, and can't use them, cause they won't fit on the frikkin cap)

Thanks..

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers is responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We reccomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I feel your pain. I have some Tsunami 1/0 crimp terminals but when I went to hook them up to my distro block the terminals are too wide. I should have looked at that before crimping them on my cable. I guess it is either cut them off or get out the grinder.

Jim

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump...

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a bunch of 1/0 ga. rings, 7/8" at the widest. I'll check on the boss dia. if you think they'll work. I also have some 2 ga. compression screw type fittings if you wanna neck down your wire.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right on man, lemme know...

The nice screw on terminals won't work, I have some... even upside down they still don't align right...

What I really need is a cap-top distribution block... I used to have one... gave it away long ago... DOH...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Here are the pieces I have. You really can't tell from the pics, but the crimp ring with the smaller hole is gold. Specs as follows:

absolute GRT-10 (gold) from sonicelectronix.com
7/8 at the widest; 5/16 hole

the silver ones are unk. brand, slightly thinner and silver. hole dia. = .410"

both are the same length, with a set of RCA acables and a short piece of 4ga. for reference. the coverings are slightly different for thw two though, with the grt-10's ahving slightly longer ones.

The Esoteric Audio (single red compression) doesn't have a match, and is 2 ga. The other 2 compression terminals are Streetwires, from an old ANL fuse holder kit. Note one does not have the o-ring seal.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try Napa. They have some copper 1/0 lugs for like $5 a pair.
I will do that.. I was hoping for something that looked halfway decent, but we'll see... thanks

Here are the pieces I have. You really can't tell from the pics, but the crimp ring with the smaller hole is gold. Specs as follows:

absolute GRT-10 (gold) from sonicelectronix.com
7/8 at the widest; 5/16 hole

the silver ones are unk. brand, slightly thinner and silver. hole dia. = .410"

both are the same length, with a set of RCA acables and a short piece of 4ga. for reference. the coverings are slightly different for thw two though, with the grt-10's ahving slightly longer ones.

The Esoteric Audio (single red compression) doesn't have a match, and is 2 ga. The other 2 compression terminals are Streetwires, from an old ANL fuse holder kit. Note one does not have the o-ring seal.

[/IMG]

How many of the ones on the bottom do you have? or just those 2... :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Hey Aaron, I have these if you want them. Screw set, don't know if that'll work for you or not... But you can just have them.

P3 brand from pe, just let me know...

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Aaron, I have these if you want them. Screw set, don't know if that'll work for you or not... But you can just have them.

P3 brand from pe, just let me know...

Thank you very much Sir, I'm not sure they'll clear though...

I'll take them however, how about 10$ ..

I can't just be given things of value..

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Bah, no big deal. They've just sat in my garage for almost a year. Lol

Just pm me your shipping info, and I'll get them sent out Monday.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Info sent...

Thank you Sir...

If they don't work, I'll pay it forward and pass them to someone else that can use them..

Cheers..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts