DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two JL 12w6v2 that function well mechanically but the surrounds have dry rotted making them currently unusable. so im looking for a single 12” replacement that will sound very similar or better than the 12w6v2 in a 1.25 cubic ft enclosure with about 350 RMS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I had already attempted the surround repair kit on my other jl 12w6v2 and i was not happy with the results. I spent 3 hours scraping off all the epoxy and the surround didn’t fit properly so i took it off and now there is glue every where. Also, it seems like they are currently out of stock :/

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 2 pack on eBay not long ago. My w6 is fine. I just wanted to future proof.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You have a budget in mind?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i actually have two dry rotted jl 12 w6v2s in perfect mechanical condition that i would consider selling. Keep in mind i only have about ~350rms from my jl xd 700/5v2 sub channel

·
Registered
182 Posts
So many but to choose from but I wouldn't think twice about a slightly used AF GB12D4 from a reputable member on this site. Just depends on what your taste is...Good deals right now in this section of forum.:p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where can i find a AF GB12D4. i would love to get my hands on one if some one is selling 😃

·
Registered
47 Posts
There’s a GS12 for sale here. It’s no GB but I really enjoyed mine for the price. One day I’ll have a GB to try out haha

·
Registered
182 Posts
where can i find a AF GB12D4. i would love to get my hands on one if some one is selling 😃
Put a post out for one and see what happens...There is a couple of ED's for sale too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
T
So many but to choose from but I wouldn't think twice about a slightly used AF GB12D4 from a reputable member on this site. Just depends on what your taste is...Good deals right now in this section of forum.:p
There is a pair of AF GB12’s on Facebook group sound quality classifieds

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can’t believe how many people are recommending the GB12 sub.They must be really amazing. But the real question is how will they sound with only 350 -400 Rms?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts