DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

WTB: 12” sub that works well with sealed 1.25 cubic ft enclosure

2K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  miniSQ 
#1 ·
I have two JL 12w6v2 that function well mechanically but the surrounds have dry rotted making them currently unusable. so im looking for a single 12” replacement that will sound very similar or better than the 12w6v2 in a 1.25 cubic ft enclosure with about 350 RMS

#3 · (Edited)
I had already attempted the surround repair kit on my other jl 12w6v2 and i was not happy with the results. I spent 3 hours scraping off all the epoxy and the surround didn’t fit properly so i took it off and now there is glue every where. Also, it seems like they are currently out of stock :/

#4 ·
I bought a 2 pack on eBay not long ago. My w6 is fine. I just wanted to future proof.

#12 ·
So many but to choose from but I wouldn't think twice about a slightly used AF GB12D4 from a reputable member on this site. Just depends on what your taste is...Good deals right now in this section of forum.:p

#23 ·
I probably would have given the stereo integrity a chance if they weren’t back ordered :(. But i think this time around i’m locked in on the audio frog gb12. I haven’t bought a sub in 15 years so i hope this will treat me as good as my jls did. I could always go ported for the AF if i decide that i need slightly more output

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.