We can figure that out.

Pictures:

please

Additional info:

Looking for a pair.
Have to be 2ohm versions.
feel free to PM.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sooo.... is two of these just bonkers overkill? have you considered adding a second? or is one more than enough?

For reference, my only previous experience with an aftermakret sub was an audiomobile elite 12" in a sealed box.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Actually it's very good that you asked because mostly we all like to overbuy stuff (hey it happens with every hobby and all the companies/suppliers just love it). However i'm not sure what to tell you since I haven't heard/compared with an Audiomobile E 12 before. But I can say the JL TW5v2-2 is plenty strong in a medium-large sized SUV with 600W rms since i'm probably sitting "inside the speaker box (SUV)" (also I don't normally listen that loud anyways... not deaf yet). Also different people like to have different number of subs... some just one, some a pair, some just a tenth of a sub, and then others need a big wall of them ha ha. I think if you can live with one Audiomoblie E 12 then maybe start with one TW5. If you have sedan with a separate trunk/section... man this is going to be a tough question... some put 2 subs (can be of any brand) and sometimes it still doesn't want to go thru the trunk's wall/barrier and have to find a way to route/vent the bass into the cabin). So.... you've got some thinking to do and it depends on the type of vehicle (with or without separate trunk) and the amount of bass you like!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fair point.

In my case, this will be in a hatchback (2017 Focus RS) under the rear floor.

I don't like the idea of having to modify later to add another sub. I'd rather to them both now, if that's the way to go.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Looks like just one for bass duty:) Also that's a nice sports car. Probably the less stuff in there the better! Sometimes have to drive it like it's stolen when no one's around or maybe drifting ken block style lol, or there will be other simpler passenger cars to buy! So i think we want the handling good/balanced with minimal stuff ha ha:D

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not concerned with an extra 20lb or 40lb in the rear of the car.
If anything, the car needs more weight rearward, to help balance it better.
It is not 50/50 from the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts