DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:
What do you have? I'm looking for dedicated midbass, not a midbass/midrange compromise. Size is a real issue, I have no more than 183mm to work with.

Pioneer C720PRS would be a great choice, I missed several opportunities to buy this this summer, now they all seem to have disappeared.

Exodus Anarchy seems like a solid choice, they are on the deep side, but I can work with that, diameter is the only real issue. Although I would MUCH rather have a grill.

Plenty of good options out there, let me know what you have. Again, this is to be used as a dedicated midbass in a 3-way front. I don't have room for an 8" or anything over 183mm, and would prefer a grill (has to fit the 183mm diameter as well).

Condition of all items:
BNIB is always prefered, but I'll take used as long as they function 10/10 and look at least 8/10

Total Price: :

Dependent upon item and condition

Shipping Terms: :

Negotiable

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Find me some midbass! If I find what I need I'll probably have a great pair of Melodic Acoustic Euphoria speakers available for sale/trade. These speakers are a matched pair, in great shape, and make a KILLER 2-way, but I'm looking for a dedicated midbass.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
I have a set of excellent condition Hybrid Audio L6v2's. They were very sparingly used in my wife's vehicle for a couple months.

181mm (7.1") outer diameter and 76mm mounting depth.

I was very happy with the midbass performance from these. That was the application they were used in for her car- these as the midbass along with a Scan 10f mid and Scan d3004 tweeter. They did a great job and I believe I had them crossed at around 50hz-55hz @24db.

Excellent condition and with the original boxes. Also have lifetime trade-in value through Hybrid Audio should you want to upgrade in the future. :)

They are $570 new. I'll sell them for $300 shipped and insured in the US.

-Steve

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of excellent condition Hybrid Audio L6v2's. They were very sparingly used in my wife's vehicle for a couple months.

181mm (7.1") outer diameter and 76mm mounting depth.

I was very happy with the midbass performance from these. That was the application they were used in for her car- these as the midbass along with a Scan 10f mid and Scan d3004 tweeter. They did a great job and I believe I had them crossed at around 50hz-55hz @24db.

Excellent condition and with the original boxes. Also have lifetime trade-in value through Hybrid Audio should you want to upgrade in the future. :)

They are $570 new. I'll sell them for $300 shipped and insured in the US.

-Steve
Certainly an option, thanks. The grill is too big to fit, not a deal breaker, but not ideal either.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Is there a certain HPF setting you have in mind, aka the desired low end?

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a certain HPF setting you have in mind, aka the desired low end?
It's a dedicated midbass, I'll cross 60-80hz, depending on what the chosen speakers can handle. I'm never been a believer in pushing a speaker too low, even midbass, I've got subs that cover the low end so I'll let them do the heavy lifting.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have some BNIB Acoustic Elegance TD6Hs...make you a deal on a pair.
Can you get me some specs/dimentions. I know those motors are huge! But if those handle midbass as well as my SBP's handle bass, they could be a very good choice.

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
I don't have anything to offer up, but these are a couple I would probably look at to buy from a retailer if you can't find someone who has what you're looking for.

The Peerless 830946 is a really good choice and a pretty outstanding value at only $60/ea. At a higher price point, the Wavecor SW182BD01/02 also looks very interesting. I haven't had a chance to hear that one personally.

Both are fairly inefficient though, and would likely take about as much power as you could throw at them with a reasonable crossover.

·
11,394 Posts
Off of the top of my head, they are 3.5" deep. Other measurements I will have to find. Elgrosso got some from me and he has T/S measurements in his build thread.

They are 6.5s...not 7s. Small frames too. But I will try to find the physical measurements for you this evening after I get off of work.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Off of the top of my head, they are 3.5" deep. Other measurements I will have to find. Elgrosso got some from me and he has T/S measurements in his build thread.

They are 6.5s...not 7s. Small frames too. But I will try to find the physical measurements for you this evening after I get off of work.
Thanks, that would be helpful.

Thanks for all of the options so far. I've certainly got some good options already!

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to mention, these are to be run from a bridged Alpine PDX, so no 2ohm drivers please.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought 2 pairs of Anarchies and I really doubt I will ever get around to using the second pair. They're NIB. $120 shipped for the pair.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I'm not selling mine but Audio Development out of Italy makes some killer midbass woofers. Even the standard "W" series, with a fairly shallow depth and standard 6.5" diameter, have some wicked midbass. The only negative is their composite frame, you must be careful during installation. I think there's an AD vendor on the forums.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am leaning towards the GB60's but I need to get a fair deal on them, and they'll need to come with enough hardware to mount them with the grills.

This isn't a firm decision, so I'm still open to other options, the AudioFrogs aren't cheap, so keep suggestions coming, if you have anything to offer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts