DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My PG x200.4 just died and im replacing it with an MBQ ONX4.125. I currently have 8ohm mids (Selenium 6W4P) that I don't think will be able to get enough power on the MBQ. So im looking for some budget 4ohm mids to replace them... preferably <$100. Tweets are SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G textiles and I love them...don't want to get rid of them, so I need a mid that works well with them.

Looking for something fairly efficient and in the 100-150RMS range (per driver).

also, specs for the tweets are no longer posted at madisound, but from what i've read online they can safely be crossed at like 2.5-3k. Mine were crossed significantly higher because my mids run up to something like 9k. i think i crossed at 4-4.5k IIRC. x-over is a memphis 16x-03 too, BTW.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I was just cleaning my room and I found a set of these under my bed...

Diamond Audio S600S 6-1/2" Component System w/ Silk Dome Tweeters

Totally forgot I had them! Its like christmas! But for the life of me, I can't figure out what the xover frequency of the passive xover is...err I'm not sure how high I can safely cross them with my Seas tweets. I certainly don't want dips in the audio spectrum. Anyone have any experience with these?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts