DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTB 8" mids let mek now what ya have. I bought some Morel CW8's but looks like they are not going to fit :mad: They will be up for sale shortly.

Edit* guess I should add freq range. I need something that is extremely strong @ 80hz up to 1k. This will be in a 3 way setup paired with HAT L3's and L1pros

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still looking

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
WTB 8" mids let mek now what ya have. I bought some Morel CW8's but looks like they are not going to fit :mad: They will be up for sale shortly.

Edit* guess I should add freq range. I need something that is extremely strong @ 80hz up to 1k. This will be in a 3 way setup paired with HAT L3's and L1pros
Have you considered the B&C pro drivers? Since you don't need them to play below 80hz, and want them to play up to 1k, those would be my choice.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have a pair of Adire Koda 8's. XBL setup.....strong down into the 50's or lower depending on install. PM if interested.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you considered the B&C pro drivers? Since you don't need them to play below 80hz, and want them to play up to 1k, those would be my choice.
I have read a bunch of the reviews of the B&C 8's and they do seem like a winner, but I would also like the flexibility to run below 80.

If I remember correctly they have have a weird flange to them.

I also need 8's that are no larger than say 225mm. The CW8's that are being replaced have a cutout that is 220mm....and the flange is over 9"es. So I need to do some more research on B&C's size and shape I guess.

Shoot me a PM tho if you have some for sale with a price.

finebar4 said:
I have a pair of Adire Koda 8's. XBL setup.....strong down into the 50's or lower depending on install. PM if interested.
Shoot me some pics and specs if you have them.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I don't, just offering suggestions :)

8s wont fit in my doors without heavy modifications, much more work than I'm willing to put into it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't, just offering suggestions :)

8s wont fit in my doors without heavy modifications, much more work than I'm willing to put into it.
Yeah I initially had to do some cutting of the sheet metal to get some DLS IR8's in the doors. Wish I had never sold them now :/.

Still looking. I have some morel CW8's or some used CDT es600's as trade. I had to cut off the tabs on the cdt's to get them to fit initially.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have some OZ 200Hs... true free-air midbasses, actually subs, really. I was playing them up to like 300Hz, but they play VERY well down to sub-50Hz territory....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have some OZ 200Hs... true free-air midbasses, actually subs, really. I was playing them up to like 300Hz, but they play VERY well down to sub-50Hz territory....

Thanks man but looking for something a little more flexible.

Still looking

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still looking

·