DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:
Open to brand but Helix would be best for me based on experience with the software

Condition of all items:
I need it to be presentable but perfection is not required.

Total Price: :
I'd like to keep it inexpensive, under 500 if possible. If it is something with a built-in amp like the V-Eight, I'll try to raise this.

Shipping Terms: :
I'll cover it of course

Additional info:
I have run MiniDSP C-DSPs but they can be a bit noisy. I'd still consider one for a great price.
I've run the Helix units and they are just great, so I'd love one of those.
I'm open to other brands and models, just need to control at least a 2-way +rear +sub setup for now, was considering going 3-way up front in the future. This will be tapping into factory wiring on a 2016 Mazda 6.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are great options so far and I'm carefully considering these. Any other offers out there to compare against?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can snag an Audio Control DM810 for $350 new, wondering if that's good to go or should I just pony up more for a PS8 or similar.

Still hoping for a Helix offer too...

·
Administrator
2,486 Posts
Landon, I'll have the normal ole Helix DSP extra this week when I take it out of my sons car, once it's out I'll message you and we can see if we can work out something. I'll have two matching 5 channel Hertz amps too, more channels than you were looking for but they were only used four months.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a Helix CDSP and remote if you're interested?
Quite possibly! Please PM me your price shipped to 89148.

Also, do you know the newest version of the DSP PC-Tool that this device will support?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Landon, I'll have the normal ole Helix DSP extra this week when I take it out of my sons car, once it's out I'll message you and we can see if we can work out something. I'll have two matching 5 channel Hertz amps too, more channels than you were looking for but they were only used four months.
This sounds like a definite option. Please let me via message.

Oh, its Lanson, btw. You were very close, though!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got a work buddy, he's a new-hire for us but he's been in the audio business apparently a long time and he has buyer pricing on tons of brands. So before I make a final decision I'm going to sit down with him and hash out his pricing vs. these options here. He can get the DM-810 for $350, and the PS8 for $450, so I'm just postulating options. The more I think about how I want my system to go, I'm leaning to a 10 channel (3-way front, there's existing factory holes in the dash made for a tweet and mid, it turns out). I might be able to get an amp that gives me those extra channels, (so I'll be working that out.)

Thanks again, I'm appreciative of all offers.

Oh and maybe if any of you have experience with the Clarion Full Digital system, I may have an opportunity to do the whole thing at a great price, so this is a wild-card possibility. If you know anything about it, please message me! I'm considering keeping my subwoofer and adding a sub amp instead of the Clarion piece, because the AE sub I have seems to measure FAR better that Clarion's offering.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I typed Lanson, autocorrect in its infinite wisdom, decide to change it on me and make me look like a moron.
If I had a nickel every time that has happened to me... I'd be able to afford all these processors.

The OG Helix you have supports v3 of the pc tool, right? Or is it v2?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can snag an Audio Control DM810 for $350 new, wondering if that's good to go or should I just pony up more for a PS8 or similar.

Still hoping for a Helix offer too...
Wow that's an amazing price! Shoot me a PM if your allowed to share that deal and not sworn to secrecy.
I would also be interested as well if you could send a PM! Sorry for the thread jack......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts