DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I have a pair of PX tweeters without the billet housings, I bought them like that (from Richard So) because I was mounting them behind the factory A pillar grills in a Cadillac DTS. They have the rear threaded hole so they can be mounted with brackets, or they'd probably fit fine in 335/336/345/346is mounting cups. They do have grills.
One had a voice coil wire break right where it meets the lead wire, it was soldered back, they both read just over 4 ohms now and play fine. These are some of my all-time favorite tweeters.
I'd like to get $50 for the pair, insured and shipped.

Pic here, on the right:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have a single PX lying around somewhere if that would help.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am trying to find specifically the 335/336is. I have a 336is set and been very happy with them. I want to replace the tweeter I recently made FUBAR.

Considering the PX 'cause they are supposed to be an upgrade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Single A6is tweeter available. Measures 3.8 ohm, checked minute ago on my function generator & works perfect. Kurien Jacobs wanted tweeters that looked like nipples, this is what was designed. No other hardware included, $25.00 shipped Tuesday morning.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Why yes, yes I do. 336is. Haven't used them in years though. Lemme test them and I'll put some pics up.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Here they are.

I took one out of its shroud to show you that there's a little bit of silicone residue on the dome. You can probably get it off pretty easily with the right kind of solvent (citrus?) but I don't want to **** with it. Obviously it's not going to impact the sound. Other than that, they work fine. Just dusty as hell.

And if you're interested in the crossovers too, they're the ones on the right...

Make me an offer. I don't really know what these go for because you don't find them around all that much anymore. eBay is no help. The only ones that have been sold in here are the complete sets.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Make me an offer. I don't really know what these go for because you don't find them around all that much anymore. eBay is no help. The only ones that have been sold in here are the complete sets.
I have been trying to PM you but your inbox is full. Have you decided how much you want for them? I am going to get some different components soon if I can't work something out.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking again. Not really happy with my current tweets.

Looking for a pair of 336/335is or a single. PX tweeter pair also.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.