DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 420i from a guy online and he didnt tell me it didnt have the ipod cord that hooks to the box.. anyone have one or know where i can get one?

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
254 Posts
32 bucks just for the cord, ouch... and out of stock
Parts and Accessories Library from PacParts
When I was in the market for one of those KCA 420i iPod interfaces, I was surprised by the number of complete units that kept popping up on craigslist for $50 (but went fast)...I got a couple of them NIB for installs I was working on from a local dealer that still had inventory but had to pay more than double that :blush:.

craigslist or eBay might be your best bet, even if you have to buy another complete unit for parts...they are often thrown in with head units cheaply enough. I don't know which model head unit you have, but if you don't require the rudimentary head unit control of the iPod the KCA 420i offers, you may get by using the cheaper KCA 121b on your Ai-Net port with a dock connector to RCA adapter on the iPod.

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
I think I have one at the shop, will have to check for sure tomorrow. I know I do have 2 used units. pretty sure I spotted an extra cable.

i'll let ya know.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I have a ipod calbe. Not sure if it's for the box or ai-net to ipod tho. I will post a pic of the connections tonight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts