DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have a 9853, good condition, no remote or trim ring $125 shipped.

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
ooooo what is the difference between the two units then?
The 9853 does not have the biolite display, which honestly I'd try both with polarized sunglasses on because the biolite blows in that area. I believe the 53 MAY have a lower preout voltage but honestly I don't see how it could be much lower than that of the 9855, I think the 9855 raises it's preout voltage with a sticker ;) AND I think you can't disable the display "bling" on the 53 whereas you can on the 55, which was a MAJOR selling point for me.

You are gonna like iPersonalize too ;)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 9853 does not have the biolite display, which honestly I'd try both with polarized sunglasses on because the biolite blows in that area. I believe the 53 MAY have a lower preout voltage but honestly I don't see how it could be much lower than that of the 9855, I think the 9855 raises it's preout voltage with a sticker ;) AND I think you can't disable the display "bling" on the 53 whereas you can on the 55, which was a MAJOR selling point for me.

You are gonna like iPersonalize too ;)
thanks for the info!

·
Registered
160 Posts
why is that?
These are just my impressions of my 9855

Glide touch blah. Although I have not actually measured it, I have a hard time
believing my 9855 really puts out 4v because I have had other older Alpine 4v
head units that seemed to have a higher quality signal. Also, I feel mine clips a
little early in the volume level (mid 20's of 35). The sub out seems to have a
volume control scheme with 2 settings, "all out way to much" and "nearly
impossible to blend with need for readjustment on every new song". I have the
internal amp off yet the unit get's warm under heavy play.

Maybe mine is a lemon.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

head units that seemed to have a higher quality signal. Also, I feel mine clips a
little early in the volume level (mid 20's of 35). The sub out seems to have a
impossible to blend with need for readjustment on every new song". I have the

Maybe mine is a lemon.
thank you for your opinion.... u got me thinking... maybe i need to start a new thread.. WTB 9835. thank you

·
Registered
17,148 Posts

head units that seemed to have a higher quality signal.
Agreed on the above

Also, I feel mine clips a
little early in the volume level (mid 20's of 35).
It actually will not clip, so much in fact that any "click" of boost put on the EQ will peel that number off of the master volume. So if you boost, say even 20K by 2 "clicks" you volume control will stop increasing at 33 of 35, 34 and 35 are the same as 33. Is this what you are possibly noticing? The lack of gain after a certain point? have any radical EQ boosts?

The sub out seems to have a
impossible to blend with need for readjustment on every new song".
The first sub level style setting does not decrease the sub at a linear level and it's allowed to play louder when the volume is down, it's the gayest form of "loudness" ever. The second setting has linear attenuation and if you have your gains set properly it will be fine, Yes, I have to adjust my sub level because no, the beatles will not romp like Flo-Rida. If you have it set at the linear setting and you are constantly adjusting the sub level then you would be doing the same thing with any headunit.

I have the
Mine does not get HOT under play but will get warm, it's perfectly normal, it's called packing a PS, Laser assembly, lots of motors and a few DSP engines in a tiny box. You think that gets hot you should feel a CD after it comes out of a DSP enabled Eclipse!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Agreed on the above

It actually will not clip, so much in fact that any "click" of boost put on the EQ will peel that number off of the master volume. So if you boost, say even 20K by 2 "clicks" you volume control will stop increasing at 33 of 35, 34 and 35 are the same as 33. Is this what you are possibly noticing? The lack of gain after a certain point? have any radical EQ boosts?

The first sub level style setting does not decrease the sub at a linear level and it's allowed to play louder when the volume is down, it's the gayest form of "loudness" ever. The second setting has linear attenuation and if you have your gains set properly it will be fine, Yes, I have to adjust my sub level because no, the beatles will not romp like Flo-Rida. If you have it set at the linear setting and you are constantly adjusting the sub level then you would be doing the same thing with any headunit.

Mine does not get HOT under play but will get warm, it's perfectly normal, it's called packing a PS, Laser assembly, lots of motors and a few DSP engines in a tiny box. You think that gets hot you should feel a CD after it comes out of a DSP enabled Eclipse!
Thanks for the explanations!

I have to agree with the possibility that my eq has a little to much boost across a couple of bands. I used to use an eq with a master volume and a
sub volume knob. I think, this being my first time giving the headunit full
control, it may be that I just like it better the old way for now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts