DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
18,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every once in a while I miss having the 7990 headunit. I owned two at one time... sold 'em both. It can't control an ipod worth a flip, playing cd-r's is hit and miss, and the screens are known to go bad and cannot be repaired (absolutely confirmed with Alpine as of Friday) ....but still... curiosity gets me. They come up on ebay now and again. There's one up now but it looks like it got beat up pretty bad (cut RCAs???... wtf!)

Also, I'd like to play with the dvi-9990.

LMK if anyone out there has one of these decks they'd be interested in selling. Provide condition and pictures along with price, please.

You can email me directly at:
hardisj @ gmail.com

Thanks,
Erin

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
You probably already know this, but unlike the 7990, the 9990 has no internal DAC's and needs the PXI-H990 processor or DAI-C990 external D/A Converter.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
The DVI's power supply comes from either the processor or c990 interface.
...not the smartest move on Alpine"s part.

But it is Alpine's sexiest H-U, evah...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Bikinpunk,
I really hope you get your hands on an F#1 unit again, I'm a newb and I see how you definitely help a lot of folks on this site with your testing/evaluation of products.
I picked up an F#1 system a couple months ago (9990/H990/TM990) on ebay and couldn't be happier.
They definitely arent the most technologically laden products compared to the new stuff out there, but man are they ever sweet to use and listen to!

Big BUMP for hoping u find one in great condition!!
JJ

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I know a guy who just got ahold of one that's in like new condition that's been sitting around for the past 5 years. uhm i don't know if he's willing to part, he mentioned he aquired it, not what he planned for it, if anything.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
looks like your already talking to him :p

·
Registered
331 Posts
The relative lack of responses may be a small indication of how rare this F#1 stuff is actually getting....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a DVI-9990E that I'm thinking of selling. No matching processor. As new condition, never installed. The original loom was installed but I sourced a new loom through Alpine NZ (Sound Group Holdings Ltd).

The headie was sold new here in NZ, purchased for a project car that went stale. The owner then sold the project car to a guy who didn't care for audio and he sold the F1 gear to me. Why it didn't come with a processor is beyond me; came with f900 amp and z18t speakers which I'm not selling.

I'm in Denver over xmas and also at Anaheim Disneyland for 3 days in early Jan so can bring it over on the plane.

9990e is the euro version so it has a slightly different FM tuner (US has odd decimals, we use even). I can fire it up and check whether it does even and odd decimals. Only other issue might be the DVD zoning.

Looking US$1300+ shipping

I don't usually post on Diyma but am sufficiently well known in the NZ car audio community to be able to supply sufficient references to suit. Likewise can post any pics of the unit you want.

·
18,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You don't happen to have the dac that's sold separately do you?

Pictures to my email address would be appreciated. It's in the OP.

Have fun at Disney!

·
Registered
4 Posts
No i don't have the DAC but am pretty sure that Rapid Radio in Auckland have one: they have two PXIs but are wanting top dollar (circa US$3500 each ). I can ring and finds out. Any particular pics you want or just general? Should be able to send you some pics in the next 1.5hrs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts