DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New ones are about $10 on eBay, but I figured I'd rather pay a DIYMA member for one than a nameless eBayer. Anyone have one of these laying around?

·
Registered
754 Posts
If you can get one, get it. They are on backorder from Alpine until I believe they told me September. Good luck though!! Or I can sell you the exact same part but made by Peripheral Electronics, not sure on the price. I ordered them on Thursday, should be in tomorrow or Tuesday. Let me know!

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
I have one that I took out of the package but never used still has the black caps on the red/white rca ends.

pm me if interested.

ALPINE Made

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well excuse me for offering the guy an option.

I'm not butt hurt, nor am I upset, but I am going to offer some information. I don't know what "generic" one you bought off of ebay, but Peripheral is far from generic. It's parent company is AAMP of America, who is also the parent company of Stinger Electronics and also PAC (Pacific Accessory Corporation) among others. PAC parts (not to be confused with pacparts.com) and Peripheral Electronics are the premier companies for OEM integration. This means any vehicle with a LAN, CAN, or data controlled systems, a vehicle with Bose, Infinity, Boston, or any other factory amplified system, or steering wheel controls will require an integration part to convert an aftermarket head unit's information in to something the vehicle will understand. This is the company that does the research and development then builds the best parts you can buy for this, so I think they can handle an Alpine AI net cable. I have used these for years, as they are less expensive then the Alpine part and is the exact same thing, and I have never had a problem out of them. I was just going to sell the guy the part at my dealer cost, but if DAT has the Alpine one, scoop it up. Like I said, they will be on backorder for a couple more months.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I forgot to add that PAC parts and Peripheral parts are exactly the same in different casings, but that is about to change. AAMP has decided to stick with the PAC name and making them in two casings/packages.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ouch, yea this isn't going to be a $3 turd!!! If my memory serves me right, cost from Alpine is $12, from PAC/Peripheral is $8. Could be off a few though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts