DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SAAB 9-5 Aero / 2008 Siverado LTZ Crew
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...Have Thesis 3 way coming...need to buy an amp to run the front 6.5's and 2 small rear subs....200+ rms x4 @ 4ohm... Open to advice/suggestions.
Rest of front and rears running off AC - LC1200's. Active/DSP
Cash no problem but if prefer trades I have:
Small inventory:
*Focal K2 kits NIB (1-KX3- 1-ES100- 1-ES130- 1-EC165K)
Pair Utopia 165WXP 6.5's LNIB with crosses run for 1 month 9.5/10
*CDT - BNIB unopened 3way set up - ES-6, Hd-3, ES1200is, 560 cross
Morel Tempo MKII 6x9"s in small enclosures for under crew rear seats-tweets-crosses-original packaging.
Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a sundown sax200.4 a/b version

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey thanks ... age, condition ...Less than a $million lol
Had it a few yrs but never used it. In excellent condition, 9/10 if not 10/10. Comes with box/manual. Asking 600 obo shipped/insured. Can send pics later tonight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it...so this is the big mother...prob 30+inches long? or the small footprint of 12"?
Hoping to find an amp that will work for less money but let me know the dims or close to it, and I will get back to you...I am considering an XD800/4 that I can bridge but same money roughly...when we want or need something its always more than we want to spend! When I dont need it ...the half-off sales are abound!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got it...so this is the big mother...prob 30+inches long? or the small footprint of 12"?
Hoping to find an amp that will work for less money but let me know the dims or close to it, and I will get back to you...I am considering an XD800/4 that I can bridge but same money roughly...when we want or need something its always more than we want to spend! When I dont need it ...the half-off sales are abound!
29x2.25x9.25

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am considering an XD800/4 that I can bridge but same money roughly...
I'd be careful about doing that. If you bridge it down to 4 channels and each pair sees a 4 ohm load the entire amp is running at 2 ohms. Maybe it can take it or maybe not. In either case you're hurting its efficiency and shorting the lifespan of the amp. Might as well go for the MMATS at the price range.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd be careful about doing that. If you bridge it down to 4 channels and each pair sees a 4 ohm load the entire amp is running at 2 ohms. Maybe it can take it or maybe not. In either case you're hurting its efficiency and shorting the lifespan of the amp. Might as well go for the MMATS at the price range.
Good advice...was concerned a bit myself. Do you have a contact or supplier you recommend for that amp with good pricing? Thanks so much

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good advice...was concerned a bit myself. Do you have a contact or supplier you recommend for that amp with good pricing? Thanks so much
No, but I hear you can get better prices if you go to a dealer rather than order online.

·
Registered
360 Posts
While I agree the MMATS is better (but is more costly in terms of what you can actually get it for), I don't really agree that there is an issue running the XD fully bridged. OP's desired use case is literally listed as a normal use case on JL's website:

Here are a few examples of how the XD800/8v2 can be used:
  • Eight-channel Satellite Amp: drive four pairs of speakers with 75 W x 8
  • Big Four-Channel Satellite Amp: bridge to produce 200W x 4 @ 4Ω
  • Six-Channel System Amp: drive front and rear satellites with 75 W x 4 @ 4Ω, plus two 4Ω subwoofers with 200 W each
  • Staggered Six-Channel Satellite Amp: drive front speakers with 200 W x 2 @ 4Ω, plus four 4Ω speakers with 75 W each
  • Staggered Five-Channel Satellite Amp: drive three front speakers with 200 W @ 4Ω + rear speakers with 75 W x 2
  • Four-Channel System Amp: drive left and right speakers with 200W x 2 @ 4Ω, plus two 4Ω subwoofers with 200W each

In full disclosure, I've been considering switching away from JL just because I'm interested in trying MMATS, but I've found that MMATS are really hard to get a discount on.

·
Super Moderator
692 Posts

·
ROCKY TOP
2,041 Posts
By the MMATS hifi amps, u will be blown away, amazing clean SQ, I cant even turn the gains up and blew away with the power and the sound….best amps I have ever ran!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss Crew Cab
2,018 Posts
Audison has the apf8.9 that is an 8ch amp. It bridges each pair of channels to 260wpc. I think there are two for sale in the classifieds.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts