DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you have the VRX2 amplifiers I would not bother, I had the vrx 2.250's with this in them and there was no audible difference when running thesis speakers. They sound too good to begin with. Literally we flipped the switch on and off and there was no difference. I heard there was a difference though in the gen 1 vrx amplifiers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your information.
I want try Audison acb1 on my Audison vex.
I want know how good is it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thank you for your information.
I want try Audison acb1 on my Audison vex.
I want know how good is it.
Of all car audio equipment (especially for an Audisonphile) desired, the ACB1 is a incredibly RARE item. Good luck in finding one. If you do, snag it and do not look back. I waited two years before I came across mine.

MAC2 cooling fans come up for sale more frequently, so you will eventually the find the amount you'll need.

·
Registered
489 Posts
He is full of it, on the .2 version amps it does not make a big difference if any at all. I would not waste your money. I had a pair of Vrx 2.250's CS both with the ACB1 on thesis speakers and focal no7s. I had multiple people try and tell me when we had the ACB1 engaged and when not, there was no audible difference. Perhaps on harsher tweeters you would?? The 2.250's sound perfect as is, if you are looking for better sound then focusing on speakers is your better bet.

·
Registered
199 Posts
He is full of it, on the .2 version amps it does not make a big difference if any at all. I would not waste your money. I had a pair of Vrx 2.250's CS both with the ACB1 on thesis speakers and focal no7s. I had multiple people try and tell me when we had the ACB1 engaged and when not, there was no audible difference. Perhaps on harsher tweeters you would?? The 2.250's sound perfect as is, if you are looking for better sound then focusing on speakers is your better bet.
No, I'm not "full of it". The difference was clear and obvious to my ears, maybe you didn't notice a difference, but I sure did. I used this amp on Hertz as well as Focals and had no problem telling the difference with either.

What you will notice is a tightening of the image. More precision in the soundstage and greater depth and width. It's the same when I set my home amps to high bias mode. To a casual listener, they may not notice a difference. But if you're paying attention to the imaging, and have a well set up system, then I'm very surprised you didn't notice a difference.

Go listen to a Thesis with and without the high-bias enabled. It's an obvious difference if you pay attention to the soundstage. The VRx is not a Thesis, but the improvement is just as noticeable to my ears.

The amp was being fed by either a P99RS or a Nak CD700II and I don't consider either of my tweeters as harsh.

Anyway, just wanted to set the record straight on my experience with the ACB-1 module. Not trying to start a pissing match, but don't appreciate my honesty or integrity being called into question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts