DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 135i and I'm looking for the best I can get under there. I really don't even know what that'd be. Lol.

Hook me up!

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Kicker SSMB8's or RMB8's fit I'm pretty sure. There is an earthquake sub that is a direct replacement, and some other brand i can't remember the name of.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you check e90post.com and m3post.com and the 1 series forum ?
Yeah. I've been reading and searcing as much as I can.

Kicker SSMB8's or RMB8's fit I'm pretty sure. There is an earthquake sub that is a direct replacement, and some other brand i can't remember the name of.
It seems the Kickers are discontinued and would need some modifications anyway. And if I modify the enclosure, it'd be for someting other than Kicker. The Earthquakes look "ok", I guess. I can't figure out where to buy the Jehnharts. The HAT's are still in testing and are apparently a midbass, not a "sub." The BSW's don't come with a sub.

The Illusion carbons look like the best bet, but I don't know anything about them other than the fact that Illusion is awesome?

I hear tell that Morel may fit, but I dunno which ones or whatever. Read something about Dynaudios too? All the pics I find are "image no longer exists" from old ass posts.

Gladen/AudioSystems makes a whole drop in set, but where the eff do I buy? So frustrating.

·
2,102 Posts
A little more info. The Illusion Carbon is more of a true midbass than I believe what you're looking for. The Gladen underseat woofers or the full 3 way kit are quite impressive. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little more info. The Illusion Carbon is more of a true midbass than I believe what you're looking for. The Gladen underseat woofers or the full 3 way kit are quite impressive. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. PM'ed.

·
Registered
893 Posts
i have a co-worker who managed to get the pioneer shallow 8's under the seat of his 2008 coupe...so I guess that's another option.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
even if they have been discontinued, I believe the Aura shallow 8" is a great subwoofer.

NRT motor means clean, clear tones if you like that sort of thing. It may not be the most efficient as per npdang testing but there never was a test of the 8 ohm version done, and I believe the McIntosh F40 sub is the 4 ohm version, which was in the shootout. That has not been verified however.

you might get lucky on a WTB thread, or find some online.
CAn't find them anywhere. I'll keep looking though.

i have a co-worker who managed to get the pioneer shallow 8's under the seat of his 2008 coupe...so I guess that's another option.
They look ok. Might go there.

Knowing how awesome the Stereo Integrity BM is as a shallow sub, I emailed Nick and half jokingly asked him to make me one in 8" flavor. He replied very quickly that he actually had one in the works! Say what!?

Umm... XBL^2, 2.25" mount depth and 11mm of xmax? Do want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
IIRC, a lot of drivers have a tough time under the seats as it is a pretty small encolsure area unless you do some mods to the area to open it up a bit.

·
2,102 Posts
IIRC, a lot of drivers have a tough time under the seats as it is a pretty small encolsure area unless you do some mods to the area to open it up a bit.
Most BMWs are vented into the rocker panel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
just get the earthquake sws-8 from ebay
get the 2 or 4 ohm version depending on which amp you will use
and get Technics harness so the whole install is plug and play

my suggestion is to skip upgrading those and get a trunk sub
those underseats will never put out a lot of bass
i added a 10" JL sub in a corner mount box on my E92 when i had it
and it made a HUGE difference

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what about a helix Shallow 8?
I hear they don't work. Someting about the basket? I don't know but I was looking at them.

just get the earthquake sws-8 from ebay
get the 2 or 4 ohm version depending on which amp you will use
and get Technics harness so the whole install is plug and play

my suggestion is to skip upgrading those and get a trunk sub
those underseats will never put out a lot of bass
i added a 10" JL sub in a corner mount box on my E92 when i had it
and it made a HUGE difference
Arg. I know I'll end up going that route.

I have two BNIB Earthquake 8's 2ohm version. Was going to put them in my M6 but im going to get rid of the car. PM me if interested.
PM'ed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts