DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My first, and still favorite headunit! That analog pot is just so buttery smoooooth. I have one, but hadn't planned on selling it...
The potentiometer pot is certainly special compared to newer units. These units are so cool. Only draw back is lack up updated features common on newer models. Although they make up for most it on the hx line, however the drx9255 is just special.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The potentiometer pot is certainly special compared to newer units. These units are so cool. Only draw back is lack up updated features common on newer models. Although they make up for most it on the hx line, however the drx9255 is just special.
Exactly, I've had several DRZ-9255 over the years also and while the on-board DSP/Xover/EQ is phenomenal, it just couldn't compare to the DRX for me, especially with the DRZ's digital encoder for volume. Maybe it is just the nostalgia of my first competition system, who knows, I am getting a lot of grey hair so...

I did pickup a DIY aux-input adapter that works well for the DRX. It activates with the flip of a switch and at least allows you to add an RCA auxiliary input for phone, etc.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly, I've had several DRZ-9255 over the years also and while the on-board DSP/Xover/EQ is phenomenal, it just couldn't compare to the DRX for me, especially with the DRZ's digital encoder for volume. Maybe it is just the nostalgia of my first competition system, who knows, I am getting a lot of grey hair so...

I did pickup a DIY aux-input adapter that works well for the DRX. It activates with the flip of a switch and at least allows you to add an RCA auxiliary input for phone, etc.
Sent you a pm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts