DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

WTB: Clarion DRZ9255

903 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  DAT 
#1 ·
Hi,

As the title suggests, I am looking for a "Clarion DRZ9255 not "refirbushed" and not "factory manufactured".

Thanks in advance.

#6 ·
I will have a DRZ9255 for sale before too long (most likely). I currently have two - one is a refurb that is in for repair at the moment. I used it for about 1.5 years and it worked perfectly, but then I lost output from one of the channels. I've gone through holy hell trying to get it repaired, but I think it was partially my own fault - regardless its current status is that it is at United Radio being repaired and Clarions factory warranty department eluded that they could "work something out" if for some reason the unit can't be repaired.

The other unit I just bought used from eBay and the previous owner claimed to only use it two months. It had the plastic protective covers on the front panel and power supply and works perfectly (its currently installed).

Its almost a certainty that I will sell one of these two and that both will be 1--% functional although the first one I mentioned is a refurb - it will have just gone through complete testing and repair by one of the best places in the US (Clarion referred me to them when I told them I wanted it repaired by the best). I'm considering selling both and buying a Audison Bit one to run my digital media player for SQ through the digital inputs - then getting an attractive and versatile head unit to play things that don't require the regular level of SQ that I want - such as movies, radio, blue tooth and the like.

At the moment though, I'm quite pleased with the DRZ and am not sure I want to go through all the work and rewiring it would require for me to make the change... and I honestly don't know if the Bit One would make much difference in my installation. The DRZ has a great D/A converter and only suffers from a somewhat limited EQ ability and a couple other flexibility improvements by comparison.

FYI, the DRZ from eBay was bought for $650+ and that seems to be common for high quality - low use models. I'll have my decision made in about two weeks so if anyone wants to ciontact me in advance for first dibs - jim dot hickerson at charter.net is how to reach me.

Ok, back out to finish installing the DAMPLIFIER PRO I just won =)
Less

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.