DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to give a 3-way + sub soundstage a shot, but don't want to dive in headfirst with all these high dollar processors.
I used an XM-3 in the past and really liked it. If any one has something else similar that can do 3-way + sub I'll consider it also.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wow good luck on that, there is a KEF that is also the same version. But its more expensive.

If I find one i will let you know

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
Tristan is that DR the same as the XM-7? I know they are similar. I think the XM-7 has heat sinks or some other decoration on the sides.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow good luck on that, there is a KEF that is also the same version. But its more expensive.

If I find one i will let you know
KEF, is this Kenwood you're talking about? I appreciate you helping me out.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tristan is that DR the same as the XM-7? I know they are similar. I think the XM-7 has heat sinks or some other decoration on the sides.
I just looked at that DR, it's nice ,but doesn't have enough channels for what I'm wanting to do (3-way+sub).

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
KEF, is this Kenwood you're talking about? I appreciate you helping me out.
I just looked at that DR, it's nice ,but doesn't have enough channels for what I'm wanting to do (3-way+sub).
No, KEF is the brand. It's the exact same crossover as the XM-7.

The auction says that DR is a 6-channel. Does not have high pass and low pass on some bands? The XM-3's don't do a bandpass on the mids. They only have two high pass channels and a sub low pass channel. If the DR is a REAL 6-channel it will do 3-way + sub easily.

On a side note. I have a PPI OMX-432 (I think that's the number) it's a true 4-way x-over that will do what you are wanting and it's 1/2 Din.

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
I SEE!! He is calling each L & R a single channel. SO his 6-channel crossover is really only a three channel in my mind.

Nevermind, the eBay link, that one won't work.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Here is a pic of mines when I had them

I am sure there are differences, I will analyze more when I get home

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
Whatever you do stay away from the new models, they are junk!
I am sure there are differences, I will analyze more when I get home
TRUE!! The new stuff is really just that, junk! The ones with plexi covers are the new ones.

There are huge differences if you get to reading the manuals. The DR will NOT do it. The XM-7 will do it with ease, plus more. But, like Tristan originally said, good luck finding one or the KEF model for that matter.

Ignore me, I saw a bunch of knobs and switches and go excited. :blush:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Tristan & Jason. The search continues:).

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bump

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good luck in your search. I have an XM7 that I'm going to be using in my system, and it took me forever to buy it.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good luck in your search. I have an XM7 that I'm going to be using in my system, and it took me forever to buy it.
That's not good news. Good thing I have patience.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump for an XM-7

1 - 20 of 26 Posts