Product Brand & Model:
Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm
Dayton Audio RS28F-4 1-1/8" Silk Dome Tweeter

Condition of all items:
New, like new, used

Total Price: :
cheaper than new :D

Shipping Terms: :

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have a pair of RS180's I am looking to sell. They are 8 ohms though. As we all know, its not all about impedance, but efficiency when it comes to power. PM me and I can get you some pics.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
170 Posts
Product Brand & Model:
Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm
Dayton Audio RS28F-4 1-1/8" Silk Dome Tweeter

Condition of all items:
New, like new, used

Total Price: :
cheaper than new :D

Shipping Terms: :

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

There's a pair right now on ebay for $75 with an "make an offer" option. Shipping to Canada was a little steep otherwise they would be mine, maybe you'll have better luck. I offered him $50 and he said it was too low, just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the rs180s

will consider other tweeters that can be crossed at 2,000 hz for $100 or less as the daytons i want are $100 new

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I have a set of RS 180 I pulled out of my old Taco yesterday, along with a pair of Seas full size aluminum dome tweeters, they sounded incredible together in the kick panels, been there for many years. I also pulled out the Arc 5150 amp, Arc 10 sub, etc....and next the 8443, this combination was a very sweet setup, only pulled them out to install a new system for my son, to demo some newer Arc gear, etc........we still use the truck all the time and wanted to test out some new stuff:)

If you can use a full size tweeter and have a bit of tuning capacity I think you would be happy with the Seas tweeters, I have at least 8 more pairs here for the in wall systems I was going to put in but waiting until we move to NV and find the right place first.

Rick

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a set of Dayton RS180's in 4 ohm as well if interested. I think they are just a little over a year old. Sounded great, but I found a great deal on some Rainbow Profis I am trying. I had a set of Vifa XT25 tweeters as well, but it appears that one of them is dead.

·
Registered
696 Posts
let me know how they sound!
i installed a pair the other day. The build quality is surprising my only grip is the surround and the cone, imo those are the only parts a person would be able to tell the parts quality. The surround feels like cheap balloon material its very thin, the cone is also very thin for that matter. Im impressed with them and they will only get better once broken in. I have them mated with a pair of vifa 25xt crossed at 2500 and I'm blown away how good it sounds for a cheap 2way. Believe it or not they beat out my ID cx2 mids in certain ways. Will be adding a tang band w3 bamboo cone for a 3 way should.

·
Registered
701 Posts
i installed a pair the other day. The build quality is surprising my only grip is the surround and the cone, imo those are the only parts a person would be able to tell the parts quality. The surround feels like cheap balloon material its very thin, the cone is also very thin for that matter. Im impressed with them and they will only get better once broken in. I have them mated with a pair of vifa 25xt crossed at 2500 and I'm blown away how good it sounds for a cheap 2way. Believe it or not they beat out my ID cx2 mids in certain ways. Will be adding a tang band w3 bamboo cone for a 3 way should.
I completely believe it. Dayton makes outstanding drivers for pennies compared to drivers they compete with. There's a reason they are so widely used in DIY home audio/HT.

They'd work great in a car - very low distortion, reasonable power handling and sensitivity, high enough QTS to use in a door, aluminum cone, and the phase plug acts as a heatsink to reduce power compression.

I'm always amazed at how few people utilize Dayton drivers in their car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I completely believe it. Dayton makes outstanding drivers for pennies compared to drivers they compete with. There's a reason they are so widely used in DIY home audio/HT.

They'd work great in a car - very low distortion, reasonable power handling and sensitivity, high enough QTS to use in a door, aluminum cone, and the phase plug acts as a heatsink to reduce power compression.

I'm always amazed at how few people utilize Dayton drivers in their car.
^^^^ X2 ^^^^^ The Dayton drivers are built very well, including the surround and cone material. This is not a subwoofer, you want light materials that are rigid for a cone, and flexible and durable for a surround.

·
Registered
696 Posts
^^^^ X2 ^^^^^ The Dayton drivers are built very well, including the surround and cone material. This is not a subwoofer, you want light materials that are rigid for a cone, and flexible and durable for a surround.
No I completely understand that but the material is especially thin but it works for them because the response is much quicker than other mids I've heard. I just came back inside from a listening session and these things impress me every time I hear them again. I'm new to raw drivers and ill say I don't see myself buying another component set much more bang for the buck. No listening fatigue like I was experiencing before. I will say if you like your music especially loud with a lot of power behind them these aren't for you. These add to the list of best purchases for the year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think you'll find the Dayton drivers perform better crossed over below 2kHz. They get a little ragged above that. If you can match them with a tweeter that can play low, they are absolutely best bang for the buck. I personally use them in a three way and they are very nice.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one of which tweeter or woofer?

·
Registered
94 Posts
whoops the woofer i seen it the other day i cant remember if its a 4 or 8 ohm version i used both .

ill check if your interested

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have two of the 4 ohm ones you are interested. Pulled them out of my wife's car that we traded in for a mom-wagon. Always ran off a kickerxz700.5 (60w channel) so never overpowered and BP's between 70hz - 2100hz with a Audiocontrol 2xs.

Unless some of these other cats already satisfied you, I'll send you pictures and get a quick quote for shipping....

I also have the Vifa XT25's tweeters that I matched to these if you are interested. I know you want the RS28's but these work pretty well too.....

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have two of the 4 ohm ones you are interested. Pulled them out of my wife's car that we traded in for a mom-wagon. Always ran off a kickerxz700.5 (60w channel) so never overpowered and BP's between 70hz - 2100hz with a Audiocontrol 2xs.

Unless some of these other cats already satisfied you, I'll send you pictures and get a quick quote for shipping....

I also have the Vifa XT25's tweeters that I matched to these if you are interested. I know you want the RS28's but these work pretty well too.....
That's an awesome combo, sounded comparable to mid level components and only cost $140. Was very impressed

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts