DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

WTB: Double Din with Carplay for daughters car

588 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  aztec45 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking for a used or like new double din head unit with Carplay for my daughters car. Multimedia player will be fine, does not have to play dvd's or cd's, Would like to find one for $150 - $200 shipped to 72143. Let me know if you got something please.

Thanks
Chuck

#5 ·
Yea, I have already looked on there and the cheaper Pioneers with carplay are a little over $200 , which is not bad at all but they are out of stock. Cheapest one available on there right now is the Sony scratch & dent for $212. I may end up going that route, just checking on here first.

#6 ·
Looking for a used or like new double din head unit with Carplay for my daughters car. Would like to find one for $150 - $200 shipped to 72143. Let me know if you got something please.

Thanks
Chuck
Piohttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-MVH-2400NEX-Apple-CarPlay-Android-Auto-Digital-Multimedia-Video-Receiver/181425365228?hash=item2a3dcb60ec:g:q6wAAOSwEeVdvIcpneer 2400NEX

#10 ·
So, just a question, but why something with car play? I have never understood that. You start music on the phone and the turn on Bluetooth and use skip forward or backward. If it’s a safety issue that’s out the window as well because it’s very distracting to do more than that anyway. Just curious. I have put kenwood radios in 2 of my daughters cars and none have ever had car play and I have never had a radio with car play. I just get the mechless radios and groove on. Thoughts?

#14 ·
So, just a question, but why something with car play? I have never understood that. You start music on the phone and the turn on Bluetooth and use skip forward or backward. If it’s a safety issue that’s out the window as well because it’s very distracting to do more than that anyway. Just curious. I have put kenwood radios in 2 of my daughters cars and none have ever had car play and I have never had a radio with car play. I just get the mechless radios and groove on. Thoughts?
Yeah the head unit basically acts like your phone. So you will see certain apps on the screen. I don’t really like it because if you have other people while driving and get a certain type of message other people can see it if you check your message on the h/u... but it is nice to have for long road trips.. I have my iPod/itouch hook up to my h/u...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
CarPlay mainly because it’s what she is used to from driving my wife’s vehicle sometimes. I bought her first car and she will share with her younger brother. It’s an 09 Altima and she has already asked me if we could upgrade the audio, which I am more than super happy to do and that they are interested in working on it with me. I’ve got a budget system put together minus the HU. If CarPlay is what she likes and what she will be more comfortable with then that’s what I want to get her.

#12 ·
I usually bypass my factory head unit on my truck and connect my phone directly to usb-hec on the helix dsp , but I do use the CarPlay on factory unit if I’m on a trip because it places my gps from my phone on the screen and the directions play through the speakers.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.