DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I take it you warned him about the face melting and getting his affairs in order, right?:D:p:D
I can't believe there's not a single one, on Fleabay. Maybe they have finally hit the collectors item, threashhold.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Good luck finding some that are still in good shape... they are scarce now! I looked around for some a few years ago and the guys that do have them ask a fortune for them.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
man those subs are the shit. They will literally bump your car into pieces....you've been warned.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Good luck finding some that are still in good shape... they are scarce now! I looked around for some a few years ago and the guys that do have them ask a fortune for them.
I only found acouple ads while seaching google.
One guy wanted $150 for a NIB pair of 12's, plus shipping(luckily they don't weigh much!).
That's 4 or 5 times what they originally cost. Crazy! Needless to say, no one was biting.

Anyone got specs on them? I bet they're really efficient. 94 or more.
Massive 1" coil? 8,000,000 watts rms?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
We're skirting the edge of illegality here.
OP, don't you know Homeland Security outlawed Funky Pups after classifying them as Weapons of Mass Destruction?
Heck, possession of the dustcaps alone could land you in a Federal Maximum Security Prison for 10-20 years!
I've also read reports on some websites that shall remain un-named, that the Israelis have several hundred FP's buried in the Negev desert ready for use...just in case.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
OP, don't you know Homeland Security outlawed Funky Pups after classifying them as Weapons of Mass Destruction?
Heck, possession of the dustcaps alone could land you in a Federal Maximum Security Prison for 10-20 years!
I've also read reports on some websites that shall remain un-named, that the Israelis have several hundred FP's buried in the Negev desert ready for use...just in case.
No wonder there's none left. I didn't know that about the dust caps......i better throw the one i have away.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/off-topic/71967-who-here-acutally-remembers-funky-pup-subwoofers.html

There's a great pic in this thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts