CSS SDX12

and more, you tell me!

Condition of all items:

Used for better price

Total Price: :

TBD

Shipping Terms: :

TBD

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
NIB esotar 1200, $700

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Wow, what a temptation, you're killing me!

Uhm... pretty much over budget, best working sealed volume for it?
1.5 to 2 cubic foot sealed works really well.

also have a gently used one i will let go for $575

Reactions: RVA_LVER

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
That esotar would do well if you had 1.25 and about 800rms. Anything less and it just doesnt do it justice

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i drove my eso 1200 with 500 watts of zapco LX power and it sounded superb

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't doubt that huge power may be more desirable, but I drove an Esotar 1200 IB with 200W and it was in a class of its own. (Obviously IB demands less current.) I have heard two and installed one of the three on your list and they are simply not competitive with the 1200. You don't know how good a sub can be until you've heard it. I got a new ride recently and had to get a thin sub, a JL 12TW3, which is also not even close. I sold my 1200 for $775 a few months ago, so the 1200 out there for $575 is a very good deal. Grab it and figure out the rest. If you can't make it work, you can certainly recoup that money, but if you can, you won't find anything like it. Good luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't doubt that huge power may be more desirable, but I drove an Esotar 1200 IB with 200W and it was in a class of its own. (Obviously IB demands less current.) I have heard two and installed one of the three on your list and they are simply not competitive with the 1200. You don't know how good a sub can be until you've heard it. I got a new ride recently and had to get a thin sub, a JL 12TW3, which is also not even close. I sold my 1200 for $775 a few months ago, so the 1200 out there for $575 is a very good deal. Grab it and figure out the rest. If you can't make it work, you can certainly recoup that money, but if you can, you won't find anything like it. Good luck whatever you decide.
Appreciate your feedback! No doubt on sub quality, also power isn't a problem. The only problem is the budget, I know the sub worth the money and is a good deal, but with $500 I am on the edge already, unfortunately...

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you only have 1cu that Morel Ultimo is not going to work. It needs about 1.75-2.0 cu and a lot of power. The only option will be the Illusion Carbon C12XL. But if you consider the Dynaudio 1200 it is a great choice and that price is really good

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you only have 1cu that Morel Ultimo is not going to work. It needs about 1.75-2.0 cu and a lot of power. The only option will be the Illusion Carbon C12XL. But if you consider the Dynaudio 1200 it is a great choice and that price is really good
I did some research on morel and agree with you. I found Illusion sub for $100 less than Dynaudio. Still undecided.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’d get the css sdx12 over the rest. A quality sub is a quality sub. I’ve heard all the offerings except the illusion (overpriced if you ask me). I own a css sdx 12 now and it does very well on 700 Watts rms in a 1.5 cubic ft sealed enclosure. They have models on their site for it up to 1cu ft. If you have no intention of going ported ever I’d go css. I think you’d be hard pressed in a true blind test to be able to tell subs apart. The nice thing about the css is 28mm Xmas too so it will get loud if you wish. I run a dsp to boost the low end. If I remember correctly it’s down about 3db at 40 and 6db at 30 on 1k Watts rms.

The only weak point of the css is if you decide to go ported your only real choice is their passive radiator set up since ported requires a massive port length for 32hz tuning.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you can find a Stereo integrity Mag4 for a decent price i'd say go for it. I had the same dilemma with 1 cube and 600 watts sealed, and it performed better than an IDQ12v3, the esotar 12, and a handful of high end subs. Mainly because most of them wanted more than 1 cube and or more power in that space to really shine. My Mag4 does absolutely everything i want it to in .90 with 600 watts. That's my $.02

Reactions: bbfoto

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you can find a Stereo integrity Mag4 for a decent price i'd say go for it. I had the same dilemma with 1 cube and 600 watts sealed, and it performed better than an IDQ12v3, the esotar 12, and a handful of high end subs. Mainly because most of them wanted more than 1 cube and or more power in that space to really shine. My Mag4 does absolutely everything i want it to in .90 with 600 watts. That's my $.02
There is (maybe) a Mag V3 for sale. What about it?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.