DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to buy a harness for 2006 X3 (E85). I want to put and amp and speakers and do not want to cut the harness.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Aamp of America is listing a kit, harness, and antenna adapter for the X3. That is an easy fix. Your local retailer will be able to help you with this. Crutchfield would also be a great option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to add an amp to stock radio, not replacing radio with aftermarket. Hopefully I can find something like this. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
We are doing this to a 2010 135I. Adding a Helix Pro DSP and an amp. We are picking up the signal at the speaker leads and going into the helix high level. You should also be able to do this if you have the basic BMW system. Go into the amp high level if it has that option. The 5 series we have at the shop had an optical output and we used a mo-bridge to a helix c-dsp then to the amps. The only concern we have at this point is if the factory head unit has a x-over and will not give us a full range signal. We will find out very soon if that is the case. With this basic install we will not have to get into the dash, so there will be nothing disturbed behind the factory head unit. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts