DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a hi-power 4 channel amp. Preferably 100x4 rms or greater. $150 shipped is my budget. LMK what you have. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Try Fleabay. I found these with just a quick look...

Planet Audio, factory refurb with 3 year warranty, made in USA(I think), 4 x 175watts, crossover and has a small footprint...

PLANET AUDIO 1400 WATT 4/2 CHANNEL AMPLIFIER CAR AMP ** - eBay (item 120430845268 end time Jul-05-09 18:06:39 PDT)

Cadence TXA-3004, factory new, 4 x 75 @ 4 ohms, 4 x 150 @ 2 ohms, crossover, bridgeable, I think someone said you can make an offer of $95-$100 and get one. I also believe the seller is actually Cadence Audio (their outlet store). Good bang for your buck.

CADENCE TXA-3004 STEREO AMPLIFIER * BRAND NEW * - eBay (item 310087234032 end time Jun-23-09 07:27:31 PDT)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have one TXA-3004, lmfao. It's not quite enough power for what I want. I'd prefer at least 100x4.

And has anybody confirmed that those PA's actually make rated power??

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
My cousin is looking to get rid of the KX650.4 I sold to him. Won't fit the spare tire well of his new Equinox. I could talk to him if you are interested, get pics, etc. PM me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
And has anybody confirmed that those PA's actually make rated power??
Someone on this board used that amp and loved it. "Made in the USA" is kinda out there, as I believe they are assembled and final tested here, but made in a boardhouse overseas. I have an older one that came with a birthsheet, and it put out the power it claimed (not much extra).

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I'm looking for a hi-power 4 channel amp. Preferably 100x4 rms or greater. $150 shipped is my budget. LMK what you have. Thanks!!
how about a 6 channel ppi pc650? If you ever wanted to add 2 more speakers,you would have the amp. Or run a low powered sub off the other 2 channels bridged?
It is rated at [email protected] ohms,[email protected] ohms,or [email protected] ohms. It is a very clean power amp. I can do $150+ sum trade or $180 shipped if you want to do that?
I am missing 2 of the plugs. you can buy them on ebay cheap.lmk,thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My cousin is looking to get rid of the KX650.4 I sold to him. Won't fit the spare tire well of his new Equinox. I could talk to him if you are interested, get pics, etc. PM me.

Sure, so long as it's within my budget.

Someone on this board used that amp and loved it. "Made in the USA" is kinda out there, as I believe they are assembled and final tested here, but made in a boardhouse overseas. I have an older one that came with a birthsheet, and it put out the power it claimed (not much extra).
Interesting. I guess I'll look into this as well. Thanks.

how about a 6 channel ppi pc650? If you ever wanted to add 2 more speakers,you would have the amp. Or run a low powered sub off the other 2 channels bridged?
It is rated at [email protected] ohms,[email protected] ohms,or [email protected] ohms. It is a very clean power amp. I can do $150+ sum trade or $180 shipped if you want to do that?
I am missing 2 of the plugs. you can buy them on ebay cheap.lmk,thanks
Not enough power. I don't need 6 channels (at least, not 6 channels of 50 watts). I guess I need to specify that this needs to be at 4 ohms :/ And besides that - IT'S NOT IN MY BUDGET!!!

Check out the MB Quart DSC-4125, it's 125w by 4 and bridgeable to 500w by 2. It's in your price range if you look around a bit:
MB Quart DSC 4125 1000W RMS, Class A/B 4-Channel Discus Series Amplifier :: Car Audio Deals

I've been using two of the DSC-480s for my 3-way front stage and they do at least rated power and sound pretty nice.
Interesting. Never been a fan of MBQ anything, but I guess it's worth looking into. Anything you can compare it to?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I bought one of those Infinitiy 475a a few weeks ago from best buy.

I thought that it sounded pretty good but somehow it was allowing direct current to my speakers so my speakers would start moving in and out before I ever started playing any music. Also, after about 30 minutes it would be so hot you could cook an egg on it.

Does anyone know if the MB 4125 can be run in 3 channel mode? 2 channels for mids and 2 channels bridged for one 12" Sub. Those numbers are pretty impressive for the price.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts