DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for a pair of IDQ 12's (D4). Used is just fine as long as they are in good condition. I will entertain other sub ideas as long as they will work very well in a small sealed box, and a pair will give me a 2 ohm stereo load or 4 ohm mono load, and sound good with 250 watts each.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
If you're interested, I have a pair of idle IDQ-12s, but they're four ohm single coil. They have the teal basket but just the raised logo on the dustcaps with no gaudy coloring to it. Also, their T/S parameters are not within stock tolerances. They are, however a matched pair. (I bought two, measured them and found them to be wildly off-tolerance in different directions, and ID replaced the one that didn't work in my application with one that was matched to the other one.) Basically, they work in a 25% smaller box than an IDQ-12 with the published parameters, with a corresponding efficiency penalty. (Alas, the free lunch has yet to be invented.)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DS, but single 4 ohm coils only leave me with 150 watts per sub. I'm already somewhat limited by my amp so I want to get the most out of it. Thanks again though.

Rick

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look good Dave. I have sent them an e-mail inquiring about enclosure volumes. Anybody have any personal experience with these? Any other recommendations?

Rick

·
Registered
681 Posts
Rick,

I've got 2 sitting in my garage .. box I posted on the original thread .. they respond in a very timely manner. I don't know if I'll be using them or not anymore .. I keep flip flopping on them vs. my IDMaxes .. thought I could sell the Maxes but if not I'll usem.

--

FYI / FWIW:

> Just wondering .. what is an optimal sealed box size for one of these?

Dave,

26L sealed enclosure for a system Q of .7. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Todd Oiesen
www.oaudio.com

> Thanks for the quick response. The clearance prices are very tempting
- note .. he responded in 24min on Saturday night. I'm impressed

Dave,

No problem. We have a limited qty, when they are gone they are gone. Our current pricing is due to a shipping error; rather then ship the drivers back TC and ourselves worked out an agreement for this lot of drivers only.

Thank you,

Todd Oiesen
www.oaudio.com

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, just want to make sure my math is correct. 26L is about .9 cubic feet, correct? The sensitivity on the TC2+ is about 4 db's lower than the IDQ 12's, but the IDQ's have less xmax than the TC2+. Sounds like the TC2+'s might have less distortion, but the IDQ's have the output adavantage. Hmmm...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
i've got some of the excellent mtx black gold 10's anniversary edition that i'm not using at the moment. excellent sq subs, i like them a bit more than idq's (and i love id's). i could be coerced to selling :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kappa, thanks for the offer but I think I've narrowed it down to ID's or TC2+'s.

Geo, do you have the sealed box specs for the V1's?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts