DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
How much are you looking to spend, and do you want one or a pair. Also did you want dual or single voice coil.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I also have dual vc, mine are both dual 4 ohm. One is new in the box and one is slightly used. They are from 2 different runs because one has a cork surround and one has a rubber surround.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im also looking for an IQ8 sub (dual 4 ohm). If anyone has one for sale, please PM price shipped to Canada. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
ive got a pair of idq8 v2 dvc4 id be willing to let go. i got them new in box from some website tha had them in the back somewhere. only used them for a little while when they were in my doors.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Got a pair of IDQ8s, single 4 ohm. Was told they were the last to be reconed by ID. Paid $200 shipped, wouldn't let em go for less.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Made a mistake, mine are D4 as well.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have a pair of IDQ 8 v1's (DVC 4 ohm) from back in the day that I never really used. I'm about to use one of them and probably sell or trade the other. It's for an old Geo Tracker convertible so space is at a real premium.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an amp to drive it or at least what kind of wattage at 2 ohms I should be looking for? Right now I have a hilarious old 200 watt Radio Shack amp that I never used until now that is just...uh...lacking. :)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
please sell the idq8's as a pair and do not waste them in a ****ing geo. go get a 10 dollar subwoofer and use that instead. somone could really use the pair of IDQ8's for midbass.

that makes me cry.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Will it make you cry harder that I have beautiful old school German MB Quarts driven by a vintage a/d/s amp? =) It's kind of a mid-life crisis kind of thing for me...it's identical to the one I had in college when I was super into car audio and I've been trying to outfit it with equipment that I loved from the same period.

And watch your tone when speaking of Trackers, they're amazing vehicles! I defy you to show me another convertible that can go anywhere and park anywhere that I can also tow behind my Winnebago that is incredibly reliable, cheap to fix, and cheap to begin with. The only vehicle that is close is the Wrangler, but it fails on the last 3 points. =)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts