DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just what it says, looking to see if anybody has some 6 1/2ish mids, or component sets, that aren't the best quality, but are better than my whizzer cone 6x9's that i pulled out of my malibu.

trying to keep budget under 50$. thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
just what it says, looking to see if anybody has some 6 1/2ish mids, or component sets, that aren't the best quality, but are better than my whizzer cone 6x9's that i pulled out of my malibu.

trying to keep budget under 50$. thanks
I might have something. Depends on what you had in the malibu tho

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i literally just pulled out the stock 6x9's. brittle paper cone, whizzer cone, paper surround, small magnet, lots of distortion. i wanted to just keep em there since it will be just for rear fill anyway, but i need it to keep up with the volume of the front stage w/out distorting.

whatcha got?

·
Registered
61 Posts
i literally just pulled out the stock 6x9's. brittle paper cone, whizzer cone, paper surround, small magnet, lots of distortion. i wanted to just keep em there since it will be just for rear fill anyway, but i need it to keep up with the volume of the front stage w/out distorting.

whatcha got?
Well, I just checked the 6x9's that I bought for my brother a year ago. These are what he has

Amazon.com: MB Quart Discus DKH169 6-Inch x 9-Inch 2-Way Coaxial Speaker System: Electronics

But, he said he accidentally punctured a cone on one and dropped the other (he's 17).

They sounded pretty good and I think these will fit in your budget. I'd say theyre worth the $50 I had paid for them. If the ones in my possession were in working condition, i was gonna toss them at you for $30ish

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i appreciate it tyrone, but i was kinda hoping to snag some used stuff that was a littler higher quality. i already have some leftover tweeters and cheap crossovers, btw. so, maybe some peerless hds, or vifa pl, or something similar that has seen better days but wouldn't mind a nice place to retire in my rear deck.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm, too bad i didn't catch that one. anybody else? i know you guys have some drivers just laying around that need a good home in my rear deck!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
hmmm, too bad i didn't catch that one. anybody else? i know you guys have some drivers just laying around that need a good home in my rear deck!
Get the morel maximos in my link theyre what $50 shipped?

·
Registered
0 Posts
if i buy 4 speakers for my car that are 400 watt, will i need an amp to power them if my head unit is 50watt x 4?
sorry im new to all this car audio

1 - 18 of 18 Posts