Product Brand & Model:

iPod Classic, preferably 160gb 7th generation

Condition of all items:

Used, but 10/10 mechanical

Total Price: :

TBD

Shipping Terms: :

TBD

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Mine was stolen and replacing it seems like the cheapest option to have music in my car once again. I might eventually go bluetooth > 6to8 but I won't be able to afford that for a while.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
221 Posts
just a thought for you to consider. 5th or 5.5 gen rather than the 7th gen.
the 5/5.5 gen has the wolfson dac which sounds great. There are some mods you can do for it where the signal comes directly out from the wolfson dac. you have to desolder caps and inductors to do this.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Depending on its intended usage, some head units aren't very happy with the 5.5 connected, limited control. I have a 5.5 that i haven't used in 2y, my 160 7th turned into a 512gb that stays connected to an Alpine single din.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be doing iPod> USB > pioneer deck, so I'm pretty sure the iPod's DAC would be bypassed, in which case I assume its internal DAC would be irreverent.

I'm still looking btw.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'd be doing iPod> USB > pioneer deck, so I'm pretty sure the iPod's DAC would be bypassed, in which case I assume its internal DAC would be irreverent.

I'm still looking btw.
Don't be so sure, just because you're connected via USB to an iPod doesn't automatically yield a digital connection. It still must compete the apple licensing handshake. A $40 dual deck can have usb and you think it's pulling digital? Nuh uh. When I connect an iPod 7th to am Alpine 149bt it's not digital. There is an audible difference on the same files between the iPod classic and an ipad with lightning. Lightning is only digital output. 30 pin is not.

·
Registered
139 Posts
interesting I've never had an issue with my solid state modified 128gb 5.5G with any stereo from kenwood or pioneer haven't tried another brand in while though. Even the base model kenwood deck in my suzuki sidekick has no problem with any thing. Hell it can even use the search feature. Something my friends 7th generation can't do on his x997 kenwood. With the ipod on some decks like the x994 and up and the 80prs you can choose to bypass the ipods DAC giving you true digital audio files allowing you to use the stereos on board DAC in my case a burr brown 24 bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts