DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
i've got 2 pair of used zr800 and 1 bnib set. i'd be willing to sell one used set.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I'm sure the price went up after my little review lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Looking for a pair but would like to keep both my nuts in the process. 😁. Not sure I can talk Mario ( @quickaudi07 ) out of his. Just feeling things out for a possible change.
Too bad you don't have at least Two 10" subwoofers to supplement your midbass. No matter what midbass drivers you choose, you are still going to have a significant suckout in at least one of them in the midbass region if they are located in the kickpanels or doors simply due to the width of the vehicle and cancellation nulls at those wavelengths.

ErinH's technique really works well if your subwoofer system is up to the task...

Otherwise, I would just go with the Scanspeak Illuminator 18WU, which you should be able to fit if the ZR-800 will fit.

However, the 18WU will be about the same price as the ZR-800 are new. Yes, slightly less Sd with the 18WU, but more Xmax/Xmech and better midbass detail IMO.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Too bad you don't have at least Two 10" subwoofers to supplement your midbass. No matter what midbass drivers you choose, you are still going to have a significant suckout in at least one of them in the midbass region if they are located in the kickpanels or doors simply due to the width of the vehicle and cancellation nulls at those wavelengths.

ErinH's technique really works well if your subwoofer system is up to the task...

Otherwise, I would just go with the Scanspeak Illuminator 18WU, which you should be able to fit if the ZR-800 will fit.

However, the 18WU will be about the same price as the ZR-800 are new. Yes, slightly less Sd with the 18WU, but more Xmax/Xmech and better midbass detail IMO.
Finally someone with some sensibility.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Scans are great drivers, it would be a waist of a driver for mid bass duty only. They are wonderful for 2 way. I had them in my TL pure magic of a driver paird with scan tweeter.

My TL was very costume made by me... This was awesome system ! No sub just scan mids and tweeters playing.

·
Registered
551 Posts
He said he would send me pictures a while back. He never did. Maybe he’s just teasing hoping somebody will offer $1,000 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i work nights and have been busy and forgot about it. I also don't really want to sell them, but i'm willing to let one of the used sets go. one set will be going in my sisters 4runner once we have time to upgrade.
i've had tons of messages about them as well.
i also have a helix p six mk2, p one, and some other things i need to post for sale as well when i get around to it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i work nights and have been busy and forgot about it. I also don't really want to sell them, but i'm willing to let one of the used sets go. one set will be going in my sisters 4runner once we have time to upgrade.
i've had tons of messages about them as well.
i also have a helix p six mk2, p one, and some other things i need to post for sale as well when i get around to it.
Let us know when you get around to it. Or a price and some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
He’s just waiting for someone to PM saying “i will send $2,000 right now” LOL … jk (ok maybe not kidding)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Who would ever put these...."in their sisters car"?

I agree with you! But this isn't our zoo or our animals so let him do what he wants too.

Sister won't even know or care what she has.
I might be wrong but i highly thought she knows what she's getting.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Who would ever put these...."in their sisters car"?
I hear in Alabama it’s, how can I say this, brothers/sisters and cousins have different relationships!!!🤣

21 - 40 of 92 Posts