Laser Pickup for Alpine 7915. Alpine part number 88T15309W01
Or used Alpine 7903, 7904, 7914, 7915 with good laser

Condition of all items:
New or used

Total Price: :
TBD

Shipping Terms: :
TBD

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:
I have a near mint Alpine 7915 that unfortunately needs a laser pickup that has been discontinued by Alpine. PacParts and all those type of stores do not have it. I'm hoping one of our vendors or members might know where I can get one. Option number two is to find a used Alpine 7903, 7904, 7914 or 7915 that has a good laser. If someone has one of these units with a good laser please pm me. Thanks.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
I have a 7915 that is just completely DOA. Have had it for years. I have no idea if the laser is good or not. Maybe worth trying if you can't find one otherwise. I think I have about 40 bucks in it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would gladly pay $40 if I knew the laser was good but without knowing I can't take a chance. If you had some way of finding out that would be great.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to Vermithrax I see there are many other Alpine units with this laser. Other units from Alpine include:

5951, 5951Z
5952, 5952S, 5952S-R, 5952V, 5952Z
5957, 5957S
5959, 5959S
7803S
7903, 7903S
CHA-S607
CHA-S609

If someone has one of the above mentioned units sitting around collecting dust I will gladly take it off your hands (as long as laser is good!). Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Did you pick up the phone and try talking to a human at Pacparts? Might be worth the call. JMO!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did call them and basically what they said was that if Alpine has discontinued it there are none to be found. I also called Alpine USA and emailed Alpine Japan with both of them simply saying "the part is discontinued, have a nice day".

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
That sucks! Good luck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Ryan. I've seen some of the components on my list for sale on here and ebay from time to time so now it's a matter of playing the waiting game.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Out of curiousity, what makes you certain it's the laser mech? Explain in detail what its doing or not doing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am not a tech but sent it to someone who is and he confirmed it's the laser pickup. I insert the disc, transport takes it in nice and smoothly, tries to read the disc but can't so it ejects the disc back out. When I emailed him and explained what it was doing that's what he thought it was but now it's tested and confirmed. :(

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I am not a tech but sent it to someone who is and he confirmed it's the laser pickup. I insert the disc, transport takes it in nice and smoothly, tries to read the disc but can't so it ejects the disc back out. When I emailed him and explained what it was doing that's what he thought it was but now it's tested and confirmed. :(
I have owned plenty of these old decks and they are somewhat finicky when dust is introduced inside of them. Another dumb question, did the tech or you try cleaning the laser lense on the laser mech? Q-swab and some alcohol or windex usually works well. Worth a shot if it wasn't performed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, he's an old Alpine guy that has worked on many of these units and knows it's a common problem for the laser coil to burn up. He said he tried all the "tricks" to revive it but it's definitely a fried laser pickup. He knows that I want this unit fixed because cosmetically and otherwise functionally it's in great shape. I have dealt with him before and trust him and respect his ability. The unit sits with him waiting a laser transplant donor...

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Yeah, he's an old Alpine guy that has worked on many of these units and knows it's a common problem for the laser coil to burn up. He said he tried all the "tricks" to revive it but it's definitely a fried laser pickup. He knows that I want this unit fixed because cosmetically and otherwise functionally it's in great shape. I have dealt with him before and trust him and respect his ability. The unit sits with him waiting a laser transplant donor...
Just checking. I'll see what I can do from my end as well. :)

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
PM Sent

1 - 20 of 22 Posts