Morel MT-12, 22, 23 or comparible
DLS, Hertz ???

Condition of all items:
Used/New

Total Price: :
$140 maybe more if worth it

Shipping Terms: :
Ship however you want

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

Am open to suggestions.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How low of Fs are you looking for? The Seas Neo tweeters have an Fs less than 1200, and I believe some ID tweeters had a resonant frequency below 1000Hz.
I forgot to list that. They don't have to be that low, I am just looking to go fully active from my amp so I only need it to go around 4k and up, but i won't disregard anything lower.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4k ain't that low... lol
Hehe yea true I only put low resonance in the title because I have the L1V2 and its a high resonance tweet and that is not what I want

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't care much for that tweet. Seems to be a likem or not thing.
I like it but I just want more options for going fully active, there aren't many options when your trying to cross your tweetsat 8k

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lots of tweeters can play at 2.5-3K and up....the FS of the L1V2 is why they have the L1Pro ;) (smart business move IMO)
The L1Pro is also expensive as hell ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
but there are a lot of inexpensive ring radiators out there ;)
You bring up an interesting point. Up until now I have been pretty set on a soft dome tweeter (should have mentioned that earlier). In your opinion what are the different characteristics of the two?

I am also limited on space, the tweeter needs to be able to fit in about a 1" whole. There is also not much room behind the tweeter

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nothing that a bench grinder and some handy sanding can't fix ;)

Started out as....

Vifa XT25SC90-04 1" Dual Ring Radiator Tweeter 264-1014
That's puuuuuurrdy, nice work man. Yea I know what your saying but that pic I uploaded was my 3rd attempt at glassing those pillars and I don't want to modify them anymore. I really need to just finish the pillars because I have been driving around with my car a mess for too long. That is why I am trying to find a tweeter that I can just plug in so to speak. I did check out those vifa's but I don't think i can make them work without a lot of work, plus i want to have an option for the L1 Pro in the future *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Thanks! it's a ground up tweet in a stock sail panel... nutin fancy.

I don't know how to say this without making this a HAT /vs/ DIY dispute.... But you don't have to pay a ****load of money to find a great sounding tweet...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! it's a ground up tweet in a stock sail panel... nutin fancy.

I don't know how to say this without making this a HAT /vs/ DIY dispute.... But you don't have to pay a ****load of money to find a great sounding tweet...
I totally agree with you. I am a fan boy of SQ and I don't care how I get there as long as I get there, the issue here is fitment. Most of the DIY tweets i have found are just too big to fit where i want them I am looking on parts-express and madisound but can't find anything that is a good fit. Suggestions are welcome. I mentioned the L1 Pro because i think it would fit perfectly where the L1V2 is currently without any modding and I have heard it before and liked it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I like it but I just want more options for going fully active, there aren't many options when your trying to cross your tweetsat 8k
When i had the L1v2 they were crossed at 4k on a 12db slope. Sounded great but it was only temporary as i soon got the L1pro SE. Insane SQ.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When i had the L1v2 they were crossed at 4k on a 12db slope. Sounded great but it was only temporary as i soon got the L1pro SE. Insane SQ.
Interesting, I heard they sound very bright when they are crossed that low, your opinion on that? How much power were your running to them?

I was thinking about crossing them at 5k just haven't had the time to remove the caps from behind the tweeters.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Any tweeter can sound bright if not installed to suit the car. Mine were in the kicks with 30w each of a Genesis SA30. They weren't bright but very in your face and lifelike.

What cap/crossover are you using. 6db oct cap wont be enough unless it at around 7-8k.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any tweeter can sound bright if not installed to suit the car. Mine were in the kicks with 30w each of a Genesis SA30. They weren't bright but very in your face and lifelike.

What cap/crossover are you using. 6db oct cap wont be enough unless it at around 7-8k.
My amp can cross up to 5k so i am just going to use that right now

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.