DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have most of the rest of my system purchased and on it's way, last part will be my front stage speakers. Before I go out and spend a huge chunk of money on speakers I've never heard before I was thinking I might do myself a favor and try to pick up some used speakers at a discount to get sort of a baseline. That way I may be pleasantly surprised and feel no need to upgrade anytime soon, or find something lacking and sell then and move to something else. My last system was some Diamond Audio D661s that sounded "decent" though I could tell were lacking in many ways. Other than them I haven't heard a decent frontstage in some time.

At any rate I'd be interested in a set of good 6.5-7" mids. Really interested in the ID OEM 6.5's, perhaps one of the Seas CA18, GX18, etc..

For tweeters I have the room to go large format and would prefer it though if there are some really good small formats that can do well I can't say I'd pass it up. First on my list would be some used Hiquphon OW1f or something in that range, though I'm willing to do something more budget inspired considering I may not know how good the Hiquphons are if I haven't anything to compare them to.

Send me a pm or drop a message here if you have anything I may be interested in.

For reference the rest of the system is"

Clarion DXZ785USB
Soundstream D200 dual mono(x2)for frontstage
Alpine PDX-1.600
DIYMA 12

Sound deadening is on it's way so unless I get my frontstage soon I'll have to live with the Diamonds.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one more bump and I guess I'm buying new...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ive got some (never installed) 6.5 " ID OEM and (used) NX30 tweets (no X-Overs) I also have some (used) DynAudio mids, the MW 150's (5.5") and MW 162's (6.75"). PM me if interested.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey the ID's are what I was looking for. PM sent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts