DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cDSP 8x12v2. I’m wanting the v2 because I’m not sure if the v1 will work with Dirac Live.

Price

Negotiable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
668 Posts
You can get Dirac Live working on the non-Dirac Live MiniDSP?? I thought that you needed the DL version to use Dirac Live?

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. You can upgrade the regular 8x12 to the DL version. You have to install a chip and a do a few other things. I read about it on the miniDSP forum. There is a thread for the 8x12DL.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The 8x12 V2 can be upgraded to the DL with just a firmware update. That is what I did. No hardware changes needed. The DL firmware upgrade cost $329 but that does not include a UMIK-1 mic which is required to perform the measurements - other mics will not work.

Here is the link to the firmware upgrade:
https://www.minidsp.com/products/plugins/cdsp-8x12-to-8x12-dl-detail

Another thing to consider:
If you have a "V1" chances are it has a abnormally high noise floor. MiniDSP replaced the V1 boards with V2 boards for free for anyone who submitted to tech support complaining about the noise. They required the original MiniDSP order number and V1 board S/N in order to do the swap. So if your buying a V1 used - make sure you get the original order number from the seller. This all happened toward the end of 2018... so I can't be sure they still honoring this offer but it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The 8x12 V2 can be upgraded to the DL with just a firmware update. That is what I did. No hardware changes needed. The DL firmware upgrade cost $329 but that does not include a UMIK-1 mic which is required to perform the measurements - other mics will not work.

Here is the link to the firmware upgrade:
https://www.minidsp.com/products/plugins/cdsp-8x12-to-8x12-dl-detail

Another thing to consider:
If you have a "V1" chances are it has a abnormally high noise floor. MiniDSP replaced the V1 boards with V2 boards for free for anyone who submitted to tech support complaining about the noise. They required the original MiniDSP order number and V1 board S/N in order to do the swap. So if your buying a V1 used - make sure you get the original order number from the seller. This all happened toward the end of 2018... so I can't be sure they still honoring this offer but it doesn't hurt to ask.
This is good to know. I have the mic. Already so it makes sense to get a used or new mini dsp and just buy the firmware update.

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
668 Posts
This is good to know. I have the mic. Already so it makes sense to get a used or new mini dsp and just buy the firmware update.

Thanks for sharing
Honestly, if you are buying new, you really don't save anything by buying the regular 8x12 and then upgrading to the DL firmware. It ends up costing the same either way, so you might as well just buy the DL version from the start instead of buying the regular 8x12 and then upgrading it with DL. Unless, of course, you want to spread out the $$$ - since you could buy the regular 8x12 now and then upgrade to DL at some later date.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still looking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts