DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:
Looking for a MoBridge DA3. Anyone have one laying around they'd like to sell or know how to get their hands on one?

When I called MoBridge and it's US distributor, they're backordered for 8+ weeks...

Condition of all items:

Total Price: :

Shipping Terms: :

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I don't have a DA3, but I do have a DA2 with both analog *and* digital outputs that I'd sell, if you'd prefer to go in that direction.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Here's what I know about mObridge; when they say backordered for 8 weeks... that means; backordered for 8 months!
(that may be an exagguration, but I can almost guarantee it'll be longer than 8 weeks)

Don't get me wrong, the product itself is fantastic. To be honest, I consider it to be the best single piece of equipment I own (and I have not bad equipment).
But the market for any mObridge item is very shallow, and until they have sufficient demand for production, they won't manufacture just to put units on a shelf.

Your options are:
1. Place a backorder with your dealer, and hope many others do too (in order to prove market demand).
2. Look for a used one.
3. Buy a DA1 (or DA2 as posted above) and combine it with a separate DSP.

My original build had a DA1 combined with a Mosconi 6to8.
From a sound quality perspective; it didn't sound any better or worse than my DA3.

One might argue that a separate DSP would give you more control over your tuning...
But to be honest, the mObridge gives you a pure flat signal output, and there is such little EQing required, that it becomes a moot point.
The built-in DSP on the DA3 is more than enough to take care of: time alignment, phase, EQ, gain, etc. It does everything, and does it seamlessly.

There are a few advantages of the DA3:

1. The DA3 starts-up faster. I had to wait for the DA1 to boot-up, then trigger the DSP to turn on, then the amplifiers.
Not only does the DA3 boot-up faster, but it triggers the amps on faster too.

2. If you have rear fill (or kids in the back seat like me), then the DA3 has front/rear fade ability.

3. The DA3 has the ability to have presets, and uses the OEM interface to select between them. Very nice to have.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump. Still in the hunt for a DA3!

I've called numerous shops to see if anyone happens to have one in stock but still no luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would just hold out for the DA3, it is worth it. My only complaint is getting the tuning software working was a bit of a pain. The interface is good, it's just finicky drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts